Sign in to follow this  
Allan

Detroit General Development

Here is a little article about 6 projects that have been approved for brownfield tax credits.

I'm glad to see the Forest Arms apartments on there. There was a big fire a while a back

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vanessamiller/2247376485/

I'm surprised to see the that the Scott Castle (James Scott Mansion) will be turned into apartments and condo's. I figured it would just sit there and get demolished one day.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/detroitderek/2281128266/

I'm curious to know what 7 building near Eastern Market are being turned into townhomes and apartments.

Joel Landy has owned the Scott Mansion for years. He does good work, but the projects seem to take forever to get off the ground...just like everything else in this city. He has renovated many shells in the Cass Corridor into viable buildings, including a few that the city was hell-bent on tearing down. He was responsible for some of the renovation work on the same block (closer to Woodward). In fact, he was planning new construction in the area too, but I'd be surprised to see that get started before the renovation projects are complete.

I was most excited to hear that the Book Mansion is getting renovated. It's not in the best shape anymore, since it's been abandoned for a few years and has been stripped out in the meantime. There have been a lot of problems with people stripping houses in Indian Village, especially within the last month.

There is a building being demolished on Woodward near Warren. I've heard all kinds of speculation as to what WSU is doing there but nothing confirmed. Here are pictures from a couple days ago.

008.jpg

010.jpg

015.jpg

The Scott at Brush Park - located on the north end of Brush Park along Woodward - started moving in folks in December.  This $65 million building includes 199 apartments and 4 or 5 ground floor commercial spaces.  Some of the amenities include an outdoor pool and spa, community kitchen, 24/7 conceirge service, and rooftop terrace with outdoor fireplaces among other things.  Photos are by Michelle & Chris Gerard courtesy of Curbed Detroit.

TheScott_150.jpg

TheScott_130.jpg

TheScott_110.jpg

TheScott_119.0.jpeg

Edited by Lmichigan
  • Like 1

A cool renvation.  The Stone Soap factory on Riopelle in Rivertown will be renovated and vertically expanded:

stone-soap-2.jpg

stone-soap-1.jpg

stone-soap-3.jpg

It will include 63 units, 20% of which will be affordable.  33 will be in the renovated factory, and 30 units will be in the new construction vertical expansion.  The original building was completed in 1907.

The project also includes a 13,000 square foot "European-style" market on the ground floor, meaning an open-concept market.

• Like 3

An update on City Club Apartments CBD Detroit.  This will have 288 units, 2-levels of underground parking, and retail.  I believe they've already signed a gourmet market and pet store for some of the retail, and are in the process of signing some restaurants.

July 30 - City Club Apartments CBD Detroit

DjZL9uuU4AAjuOb.jpg
Kirk Pinho

Renderings:

2284-View_NE_with_Vines_121250.jpg&w=1&m

4529-EXT_AERIAL_V3_00_CBD_Detroit_93712.