Empire World Towers - WILL IT HAPPEN?

Chris121091

Do You Think The Empire World Towers Will Be Built?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Think The Empire World Towers Will Be Built?

• YES
    • NO
    • NOT SURE

I would Have to say, not sure. The possibility of it happening is just vague. The developers mean business, and They believe they are 100% this will happen. But these buildings height would make an engineering problem. Hurricanes, Air Traffic Control, I would say are the biggest negative factors. I think Either they lower the height, or dont go at all.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taipei 101 is built in a part of the world that receives both earthquakes and typhoons, so there is some precedent for engineering very tall buildings to withstand heavy winds and other extreme loads.

Will the buildings get built? I will say "yes", however at what height is yet to be determined. Could be 900, maybe 1000 feet, if it gets reduced. I would think it would be fairly easy to redirect flight paths away from the building and build at its proposed maximum 1123.6 ft height.

But you're right... it's too vague right now, there isn't enough information, and we won't really know anything until it gets farther along in the design and permitting processes.

Related UrbanPlanet.org topics: [ | |

South Florida Projects & Construction | ]

a few things have to occur before this proposal becomes reality:

1: Financing

2: City Approval ( this shouldn't be a problem)

3: FAA Approval ( I really don't know how much of an impact or bearing this will have considering the towers are bieng built in the heart of the CBD which currently has no flight paths or restrictions over it.

4: Market Conditions: probably the biggest obstacle if the market is oversaturated.

If the can surpass all of these conditions then there is a high probability they be built. The fact that they have already purchased the property is certainly a positive sign but these supertall projects take a while in every city they are proposed in.

I think it will be built. The developer is extremely determined to overcome all obstacles and negativity (i.e., height restrictions, FAA restrictions, etc.).

Let's face it, there are other areas of the world that have these obstacles more than South Florida and they have 1,000 foot plus monoliths!

FLORIDA SKYRISE ORDER

Archived