Iconic Nashville Brands

memphian

Does anyone know if American Ace Coffee is still in existence? I always thought it would be a cool "local chain" to have in a few places downtown - something similar to CC's in New Orleans (if that's still even around).  

on that note, I'd like to see the Maxwell House Hotel return to downtown and unapologetically celebrate its branding.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, memphian said:

Does anyone know if American Ace Coffee is still in existence? I always thought it would be a cool "local chain" to have in a few places downtown - something similar to CC's in New Orleans (if that's still even around).  

on that note, I'd like to see the Maxwell House Hotel return to downtown and unapologetically celebrate its branding.

They are still around.  They still roast their beans at 2969 Armory Drive, Nashville Tennessee and purchase their products online, but it doesn't look like they have any coffee shops around.

4 hours ago, memphian said:

Absolutely. It was an enormous tragedy losing the original hotel. It was equally unfortunate they chose not to rebuild in the same location at the NW corner of 4th & Church. The newer hotel way out north of downtown near MetroCenter has virtually nothing to do with the original hotel other than the name. If Tony Giarratana ever gets the lot for the Hotel Tulane site between Polk & 8th at Church and decides to build something resembling his original plan for the Signature Tower, the Maxwell House (or a rebooted Hotel Tulane) would be a marvelous idea to go in it.

Archived