The Fairweather

RALNATIVE

This is the same site as the 522 S Harrington apartment submittal. I guess they figure this area is hotter than just some bland-a%% stick apartments and retained Raleigh Architecture to keep on the theme of modernist in this area (third project with at least a touch of modernism in it). 

30 minutes ago, Jones_ said:

This is the same site as the 522 S Harrington apartment submittal. I guess they figure this area is hotter than just some bland-a%% stick apartments and retained Raleigh Architecture to keep on the theme of modernist in this area (third project with at least a touch of modernism in it). 

Based on what the article says, the developers actually listened to residents and are planning to deliver something that is relatively aesthetic, modern, non-cookie cutter, and constructed with quality material.

• Like 1

Beautiful interior renderings, but I'm really curious to see what the outside of the building looks like.  Most modern stuff in the city is 2-3 stories.  With this being 5-6,  I wonder how they approach the the proportions and angles.  Nothing on the Raleigh Architecture Co.'s website above 2 floors.

• 2 months later...

Wait...this project is stretching along West all the way to Cabarrus?

Also, for those who didn't read my post in the History thread, Matt Tomasulo has offered to buy and move the two 100 year old cottages on this sight but council will have to approve a sale to Preservation NC first of two City owned lots. Council already voted it down on a split vote once. It's on the January agenda again. The linked article explain who voted against it and why. If you feel like it's a worthy companion project, I encourage you to contact council and let them know your thoughts. 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, nicholas said:

Someday though, this place will have some absolutely insane views of downtown.

By the way, this 12-13 story residential building is proposed at 301 W Cabarrus... https://www.taftfamilyventures.com/news/taft-family-ventures-plans-new-housing-across-from-red-hat-amphitheater-in-downtown-raleigh

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...