The Riverside, Ewing West Trinity Lane, 65 acres, 5 million sq. ft. mixed-use, $2.5 billion

smeagolsfree

Agreed it's a quite possibly a Hail Mary pass for HQ2 on his part, but hopefully he won't go away and instead he'll stay and spend his money on something realistic that can actually happen as opposed to his Fantasy Land on Trinity Lane.

It does sound like the guy has money to burn, and he owns a good chunk of land prime for development. I'm optimistic something good will come from it that won't take 20 years to build out.

• Like 1

The only real news was he has 18 more acres to bring his total to 48 acres. I dont look at this as a serious proposal at all. Too many other projects have to happen first.

Another thing to remember is that these bridges require local, state and federal funding. For a private development do you guys really think that will happen as that is the linch pin for the project. Even one bridge would cost upwards of 40 million. The Gateway bridge was 29 million in 2005.

What needs to happen in this area is some major big time affordable housing developments that all the big players should help develop for all the displaced people from other parts of town that are going through redevelopment. It is actually a great location with nice views of the city and river and convenient to downtown.

Now if they will just get rid of the salvage yards and used car lots.......!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

The only real news was he has 18 more acres to bring his total to 48 acres. I dont look at this as a serious proposal at all. Too many other projects have to happen first.

Another thing to remember is that these bridges require local, state and federal funding. For a private development do you guys really think that will happen as that is the linch pin for the project. Even one bridge would cost upwards of 40 million. The Gateway bridge was 29 million in 2005.

Bingo. I think you may have pointed it out elsewhere, but River North is way ahead in the pecking order and I think it will need to be well into its development and experiencing high demand before this thing gets any traction.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

So many things that should be changed from this render fly through.

• We DON'T need 2 lanes vehicle traffic (BRT & Bikes) reduce the ROW width and provide more buffer zone between road and properties. The "Similar to Belle Meade Blvd" looks like a road going through the outdated office parks of the country.

image.thumb.png.109b61fed4d0171a4db1f930ad6ccf3d.png

• I know its just a presentation, but the "Signature Bridges" could not be anymore copied and pasted from the other contemporary bridges around the globe. Those bridges would need a tremendous amount of infrastructure on both sides of the river that I don't see happening.
  • This screams Ft. Lauderdale & Miami Intercoastal or Chicago to me.....

image.thumb.png.33144331e78836e46caa1300bcc3a98a.png

Is all this being produced from the Carlyse Group?

Edited by Bos2Nash
  • Like 1

That vision is never gonna happen. Besides three bridges like that are going to cost upwards of 100 million dollars each with the fancy spires and arches that the State and Metro would likely be on the hook for, the other problem with that vision the way it is presented is that Metro is not embracing that zoning on Trinity and Buena Vista Pike now. As a matter of fact everything that has been proposed along that stretch is free standing homes or garden style apartments and we are gong to get more of the same. Metro is not that forward thinking as they would have to rezone that entire stretch of road for those mid-rise and high-rise buildings. 

The only thing Metro is doing right now is emergency zoning to take care of the projects that come up on their plate as they are laid there.

Again this is a pipe dream to the extreme. They have not brought their dream to the council or to zoning to my knowledge to have this entire stretch rezoned to a urban overlay and that is what they would need. The neighbors will push back hard on that too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

That vision is never gonna happen. Besides three bridges like that are going to cost upwards of 100 million dollars each with the fancy spires and arches that the State and Metro would likely be on the hook for, the other problem with that vision the way it is presented is that Metro is not embracing that zoning on Trinity and Buena Vista Pike now. As a matter of fact everything that has been proposed along that stretch is free standing homes or garden style apartments and we are gong to get more of the same. Metro is not that forward thinking as they would have to rezone that entire stretch of road for those mid-rise and high-rise buildings. 

The only thing Metro is doing right now is emergency zoning to take care of the projects that come up on their plate as they are laid there.

Again this is a pipe dream to the extreme. They have not brought their dream to the council or to zoning to my knowledge to have this entire stretch rezoned to a urban overlay and that is what they would need. The neighbors will push back hard on that too.

Never say never. This is a legitimate if you are looking at a 50 year vision. Of course we may not need roads or bridges by then thanks to self-flying uber hover vehicles.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • markhollin changed the title to The Riverside, Ewing West Trinity Lane, 65 acres, 5 million sq. ft. mixed-use, $2.5 billion