The Riverside, Ewing West Trinity Lane, 65 acres, 5 million sq. ft. mixed-use, $2.5 billion

smeagolsfree

At least they abandoned the bridges that connected to random spots in Metrocenter. This could just be a master planned development where it wouldn't be reliant on a corporate relocation, but with the amount of spec office building right downtown and going out just on the periphery I just don't see this as happening anytime soon.

Who knows, maybe they convert most of it to residentail and this will be what finally activate W Trinity Lane!?!

• Like 3

Just because you hire SOM to draw a picture does not mean you have hired them for the master design and main architect. Again, I will believe this when I see the first building is under construction. He bought the land 8 years ago and has been trying to get it off the ground since then. This is almost too far removed from downtown to work with no direct connection to the core. 

I know he wants bridges done at the expense of Metro and or TDOT, but that will be a very costly endeavor. Not that I would not like to see this happen, but my guess is this is another effort to bring attention to the land in order to sell it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

They have clearly hired SOM to come up with a revised Master Plan though. Especially becauseit has been posted on SOM's website

Project doesn't have a chance in hell IMO, but it still is showing that Nashville has a tremendous opprotunity to grow and develop over the next 50+ years. We have talked at length about how much land is in the core, but there is also a tremendous amount of undeveloped land surrounding the core.  If Ewing had intentions of ever pursuing this (and not just marketing and selling) he would be submitting things to the city and working on the zoning of the area, but he isn't, which tells me what smeag is saying may be true. He may be looking to sell the property.

On the other side of the coin (pun intended), hiring SOM is no small fee and there are plenty of planning firms that could've done this planning exercise for a lesser fee. Unless Ewing just has the ego that he needs one of the biggest architectural firms in the world to do his master plan haha.

He does have an EGOOOOOO!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

As most of you pointed out, this might be just a pipe dream or publicity stunt to market property. But… and only but, we all know that Nashville is hot right now. There’s rumors of Hugh corporate relocations from places like New York and the North East , from California and elsewhere. Maybe they have information that none of us or even Metro at this point has. Maybe we should all give them the benefit of doubt right now, let this play out and see what unfolds . The graft on the Transportation page has Nashville growing at a startling 55% over the next 30 years, it all needs to start somewhere. 

• Like 4

There was a "genius" who wrote that River North was a pipe dream. There was another "genius" who wrote something similar about Nashville Yards. And yet another who said 111 North First Street or River North could not be built if the other already exists.

Edited by Licec

1 hour ago, Licec said:

There was a "genius" who wrote that River North was a pipe dream. There was another "genius" who wrote something similar about Nashville Yards. And yet another who said 111 North First Street or River North could not be built if the other already exists.

We are 6 years into him owning this property and nothing has occurred. Those other developments have a lot of capital behind them, it is not clear that this does. This site is also not as good as those other sites.

Ewing will sell this property and make money but very doubtful he develops it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, samsonh said:

We are 6 years into him owning this property and nothing has occurred. Those other developments have a lot of capital behind them, it is not clear that this does. This site is also not as good as those other sites.

Ewing will sell this property and make money but very doubtful he develops it. 

8  Years!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Rlooper said:

Not really sure  if I'm doing this right, but here's my 2 cents lol.  When these types of developments are announced I tend to track where my international views are coming from on NashvilleNowNext.  For instance, when the wavy tower renderings at KVB Circle were released, the NBJ made the statement that this opens doors for more costal developers looking to invest in Nashville.  That was a weird thing for NBJ to state IMO, however, when I looked at my views of the article there was an uncharacteristically high number of views from Panama.  So my 1st point is that this may have been released to the public but this may have only been  intended for a few key people with actual skin in the game.  The other point is that deals of this magnitude takes time.  I think it's smart to keep the vision present and fresh and partnering with the 10th  largest firm in the country.  It may not mean that its eminent, but it's clear that there is interests out there.  @smeagolsfree I participated lol.

Robert, sort of my thoughts too. This is the second or third time they have released info on this project like its brand new information. Sort of like Music City Stars Baseball. Dropped from the picture are the bridges that were a big part of the last proposal and that is a key problem with this is accessibility. That's the big difference between this project and River North and Nash Yards. The access Sucks! River taxis were tried and the Corp of Eng. stopped them. 

Now this could be a good place for a residential area with some office, but we will see how Planning approaches this one. They seem to have gotten a cold shoulder in the past by no response and the last council person that proposed the bridges lost re-election there. My sense tells me Planning will squash it, but I may be wrong. 

As far as the Nashville Yards and River North ideas, I don't think any of us had any idea how quickly those took off with the location of the big boy tenants. Not to say this project could land the same, but it is so far removed from the action. There is another one on the river close to River North trying to gain traction and I know of another that we shall remain silent about. 

Here is a fun little read for everyone.  https://duboiscountyherald.com/b/ed-ewing-capital-ideas

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Robert, sort of my thoughts too. This is the second or third time they have released info on this project like its brand new information. Sort of like Music City Stars Baseball. Dropped from the picture are the bridges that were a big part of the last proposal and that is a key problem with this is accessibility. That's the big difference between this project and River North and Nash Yards. The access Sucks! River taxis were tried and the Corp of Eng. stopped them. 

Now this could be a good place for a residential area with some office, but we will see how Planning approaches this one. They seem to have gotten a cold shoulder in the past by no response and the last council person that proposed the bridges lost re-election there. My sense tells me Planning will squash it, but I may be wrong. 

As far as the Nashville Yards and River North ideas, I don't think any of us had any idea how quickly those took off with the location of the big boy tenants. Not to say this project could land the same, but it is so far removed from the action. There is another one on the river close to River North trying to gain traction and I know of another that we shall remain silent about. 

Here is a fun little read for everyone.  https://duboiscountyherald.com/b/ed-ewing-capital-ideas

That article screams scam artist to me.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
46 minutes ago, Logan McCoy said:

Is this project moving forward?

Welcome to the board Logan!

This project is definitely less concrete than most in Nashville right now. Some of the more informed board members may have more info, but as of now I don't think there's much traction. Personally I saw the press release a few months ago as more of an advertisement, trying to earn attention from an Oracle or Amazon type client to move in. Without a major tenant I don't see it happening at the scope described.

• Like 1

Five months after local developer Ewing Properties unveiled plans for a sprawling, $2.5-billion mixed-use development on the Cumberland River in North Davidson County, area residents are beginning to question parts of the proposal. 

Metro Councilmember Kyonzté Toombs, whose District 2 includes the 65-acre site, hosted a community meeting Thursday to hear from neighbors in the West Trinity Lane area. She was joined by members of the urban design and development team.  

“Plans for the project aren’t complete yet,” Toombs said. “I’m still hosting community meetings. There isn’t a final design, and the community hasn’t negotiated a community benefits agreement yet. Right now, we’re just dealing with ideas. There’s a lot of potentials, and the current draft plan is promising. A lot of community input went into the design of the draft.”    

Area residents who attended the meeting, however, were not entirely optimistic about the proposal. Some asked about lost access to interstates and increased commute times.  

Developer representatives could not put an end date on construction, stating that it would likely be a 10-20 year project, depending on market conditions. Another community meeting is scheduled for March 24 (several were held prior to the Thursday meeting). The developer will have to work with Toombs to secure Metro approvals for the project.

More behind the NashvillePost paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/neighbors-question-ambitious-proposal-for-cumberland-river/article_8a74220e-a173-11ec-97a9-0b3fb776056f.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1