The Riverside, Ewing West Trinity Lane, 65 acres, 5 million sq. ft. mixed-use, $2.5 billion

smeagolsfree

It could also mean they are far enough into the master planning to see if the project can be real. Obviously the master plan can be drawn up from a marketing purpose, but if the infrastructure isn't there that is a much higher expense that the master developer would have to incur to make this thing real. 

• Like 2

They did say it could be a 20 year build out and that is before any CBA has been reached. I would not want to be negotiating that CBA. It will be ugly. This project is really out of character for that area IMO and is going to be a hard sale for the neighbors. 

The access in and out will be enough to make most of the neighbors unhappy not to mention all of the other growth that is happing on W Trinity. Traffic is about to become a nightmare up there. The morning traffic on Clarksville Pike is already pretty bad and this will only make it worse.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ewing Properties has submitted a preliminary site plan to Metro Planning Commission.  They will review the plans at their May 12th meeting.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/04/01/deal-dash.html

And at NashvilleNowNext here:

https://nashvillenownext.com/2022/04/04/plans-filed-for-the-69-acre-riverside-development-in-north-nashville/

Riverside by Ewing, April 2, 2022, site aerial.png

• Like 4

These look a bit more realistic, as the tallest buildings are now shorter (15-20 stories range).  Looks more organic and like a longer term development with different use buildings. I wish something like this were similar to what gets built around Nissan Stadium (or whatever replaces it). I also like the open space between the buildings and the river/landings. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MidTenn1 said:

Some information on the Specific Plan here. They want to have the option to go up to 38 floors.

566884666_Buildingheights.thumb.jpg.be0bcd1b9be6d9e31baecde6f3ba02ed.jpg

My doodles;

556398093_Riversidelocation.thumb.jpg.6b4beb7da70b950d8ad2ae51b47ea3b5.jpg

Also found this tidbit interesting. Maximum of 2,500 units, but leaving the door open for hotel/commercial/office. Maximum developed square footage to be 5,000,000 gross square feet (which we already knew).

image.thumb.png.43342fa23794e1d006448d2eba518389.png

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Logan McCoy said:

Any news on this one? 

It is currently on the Metro Planning Commission Agenda for May 12th, so there may be information that comes out leading up to that meeting, but whatever is presented at the meeting will be public. So if there is anything new presented, I'm sure it will be posted to this forum relatively quickly.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2022 at 1:58 PM, Bos2Nash said:

It is currently on the Metro Planning Commission Agenda for May 12th, so there may be information that comes out leading up to that meeting, but whatever is presented at the meeting will be public. So if there is anything new presented, I'm sure it will be posted to this forum relatively quickly.

Just looked at the agenda and didn't see it on there.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...