Orlando Magic Entertainment Complex [Proposed]

Dale

1 hour ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Why switch the office and hotel locations?

A few reasons I can think of:

- staying and trying to sleep in a hotel right on a super busy and noisy highway like I-4 would be extremely annoying to me
- I envision the upper levels at least partially having a view of the soccer stadium in addition to the plaza, which seems like a better view for the intended purpose of a hotel targeting events
- offices are more likely to prefer being on I-4 for the visibility/marketing component, and are more noisy in general so  the noise doesn't matter quite as much
- offices are likely occupied less during events, so in that case the better view is probably across I-4

I prefer it, it also has hotel guests basically a block closer to the orlando city stadium and citrus bowl, making it that much more convenient to go to events there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From the article from growthspotter, it said that they are looking for national brand retails that focus on experience.

Fox Sport might the tenant in the office building as well and the office components can get bigger if there are more interest.

Residential development has no partner yet.

With all these uncertainties, how do they start construction? Are they plan to do entire thing in single phase?

Along with this develoment, we have the Bags INC HQ and if Orlando City Soccer would do something with their land around the stadium. This area will be brand new by 2021. But this is still smaller than Water Street Tampa.

This is awesome. The architecture is fairly bland on a "vertical" standpoint, but the plaza itself and the green elements and courtyard are fantastic. It will be a major catalyst on a human scale for foot traffic. My only wishes are the through street to Pine and more of a tie-in to the Under-I to bridge the new areas west of I-4 with downtown. 

This project will be a major step to getting both sides to form a more cohesive and balanced city. It will also be a major step to tie into the sports venues and Creative Village. I just hope most of these mega projects get built before the next bust makes it all cancelled plans and vacant lots. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DreS0803 said:

With the passing of Rich DeVos do you think that’ll change the plans of this? I know his family wants to sell the team so they probably will want to sell the complex with it because it’ll increase the value.

There are some things flying around on Twitter whether or not the team will be sold but regarding the complex I see if it is so I hope that the plans that are in place stay or increase

• 3 months later...
56 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I think I posted somewhere not too long ago that Alex Martin's told Greg Warmoth on Central Florida Spotlight that they were looking to begin construction after the beginning of the year.

http://www.wftv.com/video?videoId=857286373&videoVersion=1.0

Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but “after the beginning of the year” sounds like more of a commitment than “next year.”

What a slog this has been.

• 4 weeks later...