Orlando Magic Entertainment Complex [Proposed]

Dale

2 hours ago, sunshine said:

Article said there is no development plan yet, so it is probably 5 to 10 years away before anything go there. Besides, still no sign of Magic doing anything with their project.

...now...why...am I not surprised?

2 hours ago, sunshine said:

...  Besides, still no sign of Magic doing anything with their project.

While I agree that the Magic have delayed and delayed wouldn't bet on them this time, but,  the latest plan released a few months back said demolition of the rescue mission was to begin in April with construction in the 3rd quarter.  So the fact that nothing is happening in March means nothing regarding the current plans.  They're  right on schedule :)

1 hour ago, cwetteland said:

While I agree that the Magic have delayed and delayed wouldn't bet on them this time, but,  the latest plan released a few months back said demolition of the rescue mission was to begin in April with construction in the 3rd quarter.  So the fact that nothing is happening in March means nothing regarding the current plans.  They're  right on schedule :)

You mean it's normal that I don't see a medal count for the 2020 Olympics yet?  I want to know who wins!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Tim3167 said:

So not for nothin.... but it’s now May :dontknow:

This project is seriously annoying. Plus, I was thinking.... the real moneyshot from Orlando City Stadium is seeing the skyline looking east. After this thing gets built, all you're gonna be able to see is this hotel. :tw_expressionless:

I know it only seems like a jab, but I really thought the fad was over.  There was a time when every car in town (basically) had a purple shield on it.  Those things were so cheap they faded to white in like 3 months and I haven't seen more than a handful in a couple of years.

Once the big fish in a small pond became a little fish in a big pond, especially one that can't seem to win to save its soul, I thought the fad passed.  Once the hardest ticket to get in town, I've had friends offer me free tickets several times lately.

10 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

I know it only seems like a jab, but I really thought the fad was over.  There was a time when every car in town (basically) had a purple shield on it.  Those things were so cheap they faded to white in like 3 months and I haven't seen more than a handful in a couple of years.

Once the big fish in a small pond became a little fish in a big pond, especially one that can't seem to win to save its soul, I thought the fad passed.  Once the hardest ticket to get in town, I've had friends offer me free tickets several times lately.

They seem to be holding their own according to this at #6 for 2018. Not bad for an awful team.

https://soccerstadiumdigest.com/2018-mls-attendance/

• Like 1

Trouble is, they report attendance as "tickets sold" not as turnstile. If you go to games or watch them on TV, you can clearly see the stadium is half empty. I am still a fan and try to watch mostly every game, but it got rough last year. I think the team itself is a lot better this year and they have several key new members of the front office including Luiz Muzzi and new scouting people that will make the team better going forward. The front office was a tire fire, but seems to have figured a bit out to let the real pros do their job and not meddle in their vision. In Muzzi we trust! 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, orlandouprise said:

Alex Leitao is rumored to be somehow related to Alex Martins. The two cant keep their paws of the team and have driven their respective teams into the ground. Wish Flavio would sell the team to Joe Lewis!

*off the team

Well, at least he owns the stadium, so he's completely on the hook for the team's success!