Orlando Magic Entertainment Complex [Proposed]

Dale

11 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Orlando won’t get behind a minor league team.   If I was Sanford or Lake Mary I’d find a way to develop my downtown around a tight minor league municipal park adjacent to the train. 

Maybe Kissimme, but I dont think Sanford or Lake Mary could support a minor league team.  Anything sports in seminole county is also a terrible location IMO.

The new one just isn't as good as the old site plans.  It's going to look much more blocky and less unique now.  Also, Central is going to become much less inviting than in the original renderings.  I hope the city pushes them to go with the original site plan and renderings.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, WAJAS98 said:

The new one just isn't as good as the old site plans.  It's going to look much more blocky and less unique now.  Also, Central is going to become much less inviting than in the original renderings.  I hope the city pushes them to go with the original site plan and renderings.

I agree. Pine is going to dead-end in the stadium anyway (and looks like an alley behind City View), so I wasn't as concerned about it. But the new plan really turns its back on Central, which was just redone with a Lymmo route and faces one of my favorite buildings in Orlando (trigger warning: the Ninth Circuit Courthouse).

On 3/19/2018 at 9:19 AM, alex said:

I agree. Pine is going to dead-end in the stadium anyway (and looks like an alley behind City View), so I wasn't as concerned about it. But the new plan really turns its back on Central, which was just redone with a Lymmo route and faces one of my favorite buildings in Orlando (trigger warning: the Ninth Circuit Courthouse).

Yeah, this new plan treats Central as the freight road when Pine should really become that.  Central and Church should be the main road and walkway between Parramore and Downtown in that area.  A pedestrian boulevard straight through the site between Church and Central would be amazing.  Keep Pine cut off the way it is in the new diagram for all I care though.  Make the buildings' back-of-house areas fronted on the bits of Pine that protrude into the lot. Make the drop-off areas next to the ends of the pedestrian boulevard on Central and Church.

Edited by WAJAS98
  • Like 1

Just build something that looks impressive from I-4, I say.

The rest will take care of itself.

The partying drunks who'll be hanging around there on game days and weekend nights won't give two s**ts about the optimal layout or which streets connect where with what. 

Jes' git 'er done!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/22/2018 at 2:42 AM, WAJAS98 said:

Yeah, this new plan treats Central as the freight road when Pine should really become that.  Central and Church should be the main road and walkway between Parramore and Downtown in that area.  A pedestrian boulevard straight through the site between Church and Central would be amazing.  Keep Pine cut off the way it is in the new diagram for all I care though.  Make the buildings' back-of-house areas fronted on the bits of Pine that protrude into the lot. Make the drop-off areas next to the ends of the pedestrian boulevard on Central and Church.

I've always been struck by this hotel in Mexico City - these are both along the back of the same building at different points on the block. One is activated by retail which mostly serves hotel guests, and planted with street trees, the other houses parking garage exits and loading docks for convention space, divided by a hotel entrance.  It's easy to see which is the right way and which is the wrong way to make an attractive place for people, and two of the possible outcomes of choices that will be made with this site plan.

good.thumb.JPG.532ae761e9ff5a85fc85cc519b5a910c.JPGbad.thumb.JPG.2e8c538c3283991959c6f428649edf14.JPG

• Like 1

To be fair, the original plan compared to proposed updated plan:

• An increase of 78,000 sq. ft. of office space for a total of 200,000 sq. ft.

• An increase of 89,000 sq. ft. of retail space for a total of 166,000 sq. ft.

• An increase of 40,000 sq. ft. of expo space for a total of 80,000 sq. ft.

• An increase of 200 dwelling units for a total of 450 dwelling units

• An increase of 1,183 parking spaces for a total of 2,500 spaces (on eight levels).

• The hotel would remain at 250 rooms

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, jrs2 said:

So, it looks like the office component is towards I-4 now...

os-1535572653-sqaurszecl-snap-image.jpg

os-1535572865-3fbl2jsiyl-snap-image.jpg

os-1535577477-eb61pwp8am-snap-image.jpg

I like it. I am just really confused.

Why switch the office and hotel locations? Hopefully we can finally get a JW or higher brand of lodging downtown.
Residential was supposed to be 18 stories with 250 something units. Last I understood they wanted 400+ Units which is why sentinel states 300 Units for now.

Very curious to see how many residential units they go with.

Either way this is a nice looking concept and puts more money and growth into west of I4. Love it.

That additional Lymmo BRT isn't looking so bad now.