1 hour ago, Uncommon said:

I really really hate to be that guy but I’ll believe when I see it.

We are all "that guy"

2 hours ago, orlandouprise said:

I don't care for the stupid looking signage. other than that its good

no, seriously let's hope the signage was just for show and won't actually be part of the project (if it ever gets built- see above).

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

What I'm wondering is, if there are retailers there, will they use branded shopping bags with the "Under i" logo printed on them?

Maybe something like this....

underibag2.jpg

And if they do, will they be called "Under i bags"?

Boy. I dunno... I went such a long way for that joke and now I'm thinking it was a lot of effort for little return. 

I appreciate the effort you took to get there. Please accept this like.

Edited by Uncommon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, JFW657 said:

What I'm wondering is, if there are retailers there, will they use branded shopping bags with the "Under i" logo printed on them?

Maybe something like this....

underibag2.jpg

And if they do, will they be called "Under i bags"?

Boy. I dunno... I went such a long way for that joke and now I'm thinking it was a lot of effort for little return. 

Oh my dear lord......

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Jvest55 said:

I noticed many of the renders have gates around these facilities, for the exception of the first picture with "shops" that seems to be opened. My guess is they will try to control the people who enter here and even close it at night.

I'd imagine they'd have to. They will likely operate it much like a park with dawn to dusk hours, possibly. To minimize vandalism, though, they'll likely have to put gates up.

4 hours ago, Xander said:

I'd imagine they'd have to. They will likely operate it much like a park with dawn to dusk hours, possibly. To minimize vandalism, though, they'll likely have to put gates up.

The playground and splash park you're not gonna want kids running out to Garland and Hughey.  Or have stray sports balls running around.  It also prevents Jaywalking.  You pretty much need the fencing.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, codypet said:

The playground and splash park you're not gonna want kids running out to Garland and Hughey.  Or have stray sports balls running around.  It also prevents Jaywalking.  You pretty much need the fencing.

Fencing can be an attractive addition if done properly.

No chain link, in other words.

• 1 year later...

This article dated today acts like Under I is a new project so not sure if it’s an update or what:
https://m.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2020/11/16/the-city-of-orlando-announces-new-under-i-urban-park-project-underneath-i-4-downtown

From Orlando Weekly 

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1