Centric Hotel, 20 stories, 252 rooms, 8,000 s. ft. retail, March, 2019 start, C.B. Ragland, 200 Molloy St. (2nd Ave South & Molloy)

markhollin

When i was 18 years old, back in the late 80's, i worked for an electrician in the Knoxville/East Tennessee region.......and we had an old Hudson Boom Cherry Picker to work on street lights, scoreboards for high school football fields, neon signwork.   Seeing that boom brought back some memories of working in that old ladder truck with a drop down bucket...........similar to the photos below.   Good times....

Boom Ladder.jpg

Boom Ladder 2.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad there's another hotel in Sobro to fill a need for rooms etc. and glad this project will result in the straightening of the Molloy/3rd Avenue intersection. But my feeling toward the Centric is 'meh'.  I'll bet it's pretty cool inside, but unremarkable from the outside. Looking forward to when it's covered up by a 700-footer on the block across Molloy. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

I'm glad there's another hotel in Sobro to fill a need for rooms etc. and glad this project will result in the straightening of the Molloy/3rd Avenue intersection. But my feeling toward the Centric is 'meh'.  I'll bet it's pretty cool inside, but unremarkable from the outside. Looking forward to when it's covered up by a 700-footer on the block across Molloy. 

I'm afraid our hopes and dreams (for the block across Molloy) will be met with another dose of underwhelming reality