Centric Hotel, 20 stories, 252 rooms, 8,000 s. ft. retail, March, 2019 start, C.B. Ragland, 200 Molloy St. (2nd Ave South & Molloy)

markhollin

When i was 18 years old, back in the late 80's, i worked for an electrician in the Knoxville/East Tennessee region.......and we had an old Hudson Boom Cherry Picker to work on street lights, scoreboards for high school football fields, neon signwork.   Seeing that boom brought back some memories of working in that old ladder truck with a drop down bucket...........similar to the photos below.   Good times....

Boom Ladder.jpg

Boom Ladder 2.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad there's another hotel in Sobro to fill a need for rooms etc. and glad this project will result in the straightening of the Molloy/3rd Avenue intersection. But my feeling toward the Centric is 'meh'.  I'll bet it's pretty cool inside, but unremarkable from the outside. Looking forward to when it's covered up by a 700-footer on the block across Molloy. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

I'm glad there's another hotel in Sobro to fill a need for rooms etc. and glad this project will result in the straightening of the Molloy/3rd Avenue intersection. But my feeling toward the Centric is 'meh'.  I'll bet it's pretty cool inside, but unremarkable from the outside. Looking forward to when it's covered up by a 700-footer on the block across Molloy. 

I'm afraid our hopes and dreams (for the block across Molloy) will be met with another dose of underwhelming reality

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By markhollin
      An 11 story, 136' tall boutique hotel that would include 112 rooms, an "electric gastro pub," a subterranean upscale restaurant/wine cellar, 32,000 sq. ft. fitness facility, 7,000 sq. ft. spa, a boutique performance venue,  screening and writing rooms, rooftop pool/lounge, and more will be located at 10 11th Ave. South, backing up against the CSX tracks at the T intersection of 11th and McGavock St.  Price tag will be $70 million.

The developer is Chris Hyndman of M Street Entertainment.  Ground breaking will be 4th quarter of this year, and a summer 2020 completion is the goal. Currently the lot is utilized for surface parking. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21005153/virago-owner-unveils-boutique-hotel-project-for-the-gulch

NBJ's take:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/05/15/first-look-restaurateur-unveils-plans-for-gulch.html

• By markhollin
      A massive 14.5 acre mixed-use project to be called Skyline East will populate the western edge of McFerrin Park, facing Dickerson Pike (where it parallels I-24) at Joseph Avenue.  It could involved numerous 6 to 15 story structures, 1,400 residential units, and 500,000 sq. ft. of commercial/office space, as well as parking decks.  This will be the largest project of its kind in East Nashville. No renderings as of yet.

Currently there are 212 apartments and townhomes on the site (some of them Section 8 Housing).

The technical addresses include 301 North 2nd St., 651 and 660 Joseph Ave. Riverchase bought the 3 parcels that make up the site in 2017 for $1.2 million.
      “Riverchase Holdings LLC is excited to be part of the planning and revitalization of the Dickerson Pike corridor and East Nashville community," said Scott Morton, an associate at that firm. "The 15-acre site is located at the 'gateway' to Dickerson Pike and is well positioned to set the tone for quality redevelopment on the corridor."
      Morton said the group has participated in ongoing workshops Metro's Planning Department is hosting to create concensus on what future development should look like along Dickerson Pike. Metro's Planning Commission could adopt a final plan this summer at their June 13 meetings
      Morton said the Skyline East proposal "is consistent with the theme and intent of community recommendations."

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/05/03/austin-group-targets-high-rises-for-east-nashville.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

And the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21067259/east-side-site-could-land-largescale-development

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the project site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

• By markhollin
      RMR Group out of Massachusetts is planning a massive mixed-use project at 111 North 1st Street on the East Bank on the 16.72 acres that currently houses the TravelCenters of America (TA) Truck Stop. It will include 3 million sq. ft. of office, retail, residential, and hotel space.  Some of the buildings could be as tall as 30 stories.  Probably will not get underway until at least 2022.  No renderings as of yet.
      The 16-acre site is bordered by a CSX railway to the north, James Robertson Parkway to the south, Interstate 24 to the east and North First Street to the west. 
      RMR has enlisted a local team of Hastings Architecture Associates, attorney Shawn Henry of Tune Entrekin & White, civil engineering firm Barge Cauthen and traffic engineering and analysis company KCI.

RMR has $32 billion in assets. 

More behind Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21143702/largescale-mixeduse-project-eyed-for-east-bank

And at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/10/01/rmr-group-east-bank-ta-truck-stop-development.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

• By MidTenn1
      Work is scheduled to begin this month (July, 2016). Some pertinent facts:
      From Metro project tracker, heights are officially 255 ft for Apartments and 188 ft for Hotel The existing house is to be demolished and rebuilt near the Marathon Motorworks complex One half block off West End and will have a significant impact on the Mid-town skyline  

My own crude mock-up.

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.