Centric Hotel, 20 stories, 252 rooms, 8,000 s. ft. retail, March, 2019 start, C.B. Ragland, 200 Molloy St. (2nd Ave South & Molloy)

markhollin

2 hours ago, BeaveStirs said:

The amount of parking between this project and 222.. yikes!

All I will say to that is something has been brewing at that location for a while. It has been back and forward due to several factors and I know more than I can say. I need to check and see what the status is.

1 hour ago, dmillsphoto said:

Actually, why stop at just LEDs. Since most people can't figure out what it is anyway, I vote for making it a real-time traffic indicator of the streets and what traffic lights are currently green/red/yellow!

Maybe have little cars and bachelorette beer wagons stuck to the side like magnets…moving around the streets on the side of the building? :tw_lol:

• Haha 1

I am unsure how much of an affect the Dark Skies program which was passed by Metro will have on buildings downtown but their evidently will be some according to the WTVF article below.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/nashville-leaders-propose-dark-sky-bill-to-limit-light-pollution

I read over the Dark Skies info but not the Dark Skies agreement Metro drafted. I will try to read over it and see what I can find out if I remember and also have time.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

I am unsure how much of an affect the Dark Skies program which was passed by Metro will have on buildings downtown but their evidently will be some according to the WTVF article below.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/nashville-leaders-propose-dark-sky-bill-to-limit-light-pollution

I read over the Dark Skies info but not the Dark Skies agreement Metro drafted. I will try to read over it and see what I can find out if I remember and also have time.

So…doubtful we will get any cool lighting on future buildings?

I cannot find the original bill because Metro has changed their Council website. For some reason with the new site there is no way, unless I am missing it, to search the archives between Oct. 2020 and now. 

A major flaw with the Metro website and probably a violation of the law because they are not public and searchable even though it seems to be unintentional.

Metro makes it almost impossible to determine who to contact in cases where their website is screwed up.

Sounds like Council member Allen needs to move to Montana, so she could see her skies! When are these people going to get it, the OLD Nashville is gone! Either embrace the growth and realize how fortunate the city is to have this happening, Or move .There’s a lot of places out there that would fall over themselves to have 1/2 of the growth as Nashville is experiencing, come on now!

• Like 2

I mean, I wouldn't mind too much if the rule applied to residential areas, but there's realistically nothing that can be done to allow you to see the night sky in a downtown urban area. It's hard to do that even in the suburbs. That said, it seems sort of vague anyway as to where this would apply-

The bill, if passed, would create new requirements for commercial and multi-family construction projects. It would not affect residential homes, existing buildings or buildings on Lower Broadway.

"They don't come to look at those stars down there, they're looking at different stars," Allen said with a laugh.

I don't know, I could possibly see Lower Broadway being used casually and generously to refer to the CBD. 

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

It passed earlier this month.

What a unfortunate piece of bull$&@“ . There’s even songs about city lights. That’s what is expected  in a city, colorful, vibrant lights, it makes it special!! Seems like most of council members, want to derail what is happening here. They hurt the city more then they help. 

• Thanks 1