Centric Hotel, 20 stories, 252 rooms, 8,000 s. ft. retail, March, 2019 start, C.B. Ragland, 200 Molloy St. (2nd Ave South & Molloy)

markhollin

6 hours ago, hayesmw said:

In the downtown core roadway changes, infrastructure enhancements, sidewalks, connections to the downtown NES grid, combined sewer separation, etc. have often been paid for using Tax Increment Financing or through the Capital Improvement Budget. In this instance there was no TIF or CIB investment from Metro.  We were required to give up the land for sidewalk expansion, new city street lighting and the roadway enhancement to comply with the major collector street plan.  

Thanks Michael, I thought that was the case here. Good luck with the opening of the hotel!

• Like 2

On 6/4/2021 at 7:07 AM, markhollin said:

Looking north from 3rd Ave. South, 1/2 block north of KVB:

Centric Hotel, May 30, 2021.jpeg

Mark's picture made me wonder about something I'm sure you all have discussed a thousand times so apologies.  This building on top of pedestal garages.  I get it.  I understand.  What I hope is that more buildings will do it like One22One (with their massive garage) and a few others have done it.  Make it look like part of the building.  Fool me.   You know, like a single family home with a turned garage!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, nashville born said:

Mark's picture made me wonder about something I'm sure you all have discussed a thousand times so apologies.  This building on top of pedestal garages.  I get it.  I understand.  What I hope is that more buildings will do it like One22One (with their massive garage) and a few others have done it.  Make it look like part of the building.  Fool me.   You know, like a single family home with a turned garage!

Or I don't know, maybe put them underground? I agree that having the garage blended into a continuous screen is nice, but wasting valuable, above ground floor space on cars is just wrong.

5 minutes ago, nashville born said:

I hear you.  The one thing I like is it makes the buildings taller.

True, true. Having the pedestals definitely helps the height fanatics haha. To me the massive height garages (One22One and this one on a smaller scale) is a guy who has stuffed a cucumber in his pants and claims he is well-endowed. False pretenses all the way up haha.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

True, true. Having the pedestals definitely helps the height fanatics haha. To me the massive height garages (One22One and this one on a smaller scale) is a guy who has stuffed a cucumber in his pants and claims he is well-endowed. False pretenses all the way up haha.

As long as he keeps it covered, I’m good with it. :rofl:

• Haha 3

On 6/9/2021 at 4:21 PM, smeagolsfree said:

The Pinnacle building has the same issue when it rains hard, the pumps can’t keep up.

I saw the pumps running one time for Pinnacle... I was hoping that was a one-time utility-related problem, but what you say makes sense.   That is a major design  flaw by the engineers!