Centric Hotel, 20 stories, 252 rooms, 8,000 s. ft. retail, March, 2019 start, C.B. Ragland, 200 Molloy St. (2nd Ave South & Molloy)

markhollin

2 hours ago, Bark At The Sun said:

At the rate he is going, building should be flattened by lunch.   Im sure the late sleepers at the Hyatt, Encore and SoBro are loving it.

Drury.jpeg

ListeningRoom2.jpeg

We need a tall skinny skyscraper between the Hyatt Place and Drury Plaza!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bark At The Sun said:

I am a bit disappointed that Gino's East does not serve lunch.   Watched them renovate the Sole Mio building for months and was very excited.   Hopefully they add it down the road 

I have no inside knowledge on this or anything, but I'm guessing the reason probably has to do with the fact that Chicago style pizza usually takes 45 ish minutes to cook, and since most people running out for lunch are looking for something quick, that's a no go.  Anyhow, welcome to the forum! 

52 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

I have no inside knowledge on this or anything, but I'm guessing the reason probably has to do with the fact that Chicago style pizza usually takes 45 ish minutes to cook, and since most people running out for lunch are looking for something quick, that's a no go.  Anyhow, welcome to the forum! 

Plus...after eating that heavy concoction of bread, tomato sauce and cheese, you're likely to fall asleep at your desk by 1:30. :tw_sleeping:

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

The Chicago Ginos open at 11am, but Chicagoans have learned how to plan ahead.    I expect in time, with demand, the SoBro Ginos will have lunch hours.     

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

I have no inside knowledge on this or anything, but I'm guessing the reason probably has to do with the fact that Chicago style pizza usually takes 45 ish minutes to cook, and since most people running out for lunch are looking for something quick, that's a no go.

No one knows how to sell casserole by the slice?

• Haha 1

On 4/4/2019 at 11:14 AM, Salbato said:

We need a tall skinny skyscraper between the Hyatt Place and Drury Plaza!

Not out of the realm of possibility in the future, but we will have to wait until the amount of land available in the city is a premium. Too much open land for someone to take on that kind of project right now

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

^^  I'm going to guess the next step will be realigning Molloy St. and associated utilities and storm drainage.    Does anyone know? 

Not with those massive construction trailers there.  They seem to be in the way of the straightened out of Molloy.

• Like 2