Centric Hotel, 20 stories, 252 rooms, 8,000 s. ft. retail, March, 2019 start, C.B. Ragland, 200 Molloy St. (2nd Ave South & Molloy)

markhollin

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:04 AM, Bark At The Sun said:

Centric10.jpeg.jpg

Looking at this picture, when the Centric Hotel is complete, is it possible the swimming pool at The SoBro will only get direct sunlight for a few weeks each year, or maybe never get direct sunlight?

On 7/18/2019 at 10:51 AM, Armacing said:

Looking at this picture, when the Centric Hotel is complete, is it possible the swimming pool at The SoBro will only get direct sunlight for a few weeks each year, or maybe never get direct sunlight?

Well... that's what happens when you build a pool in a big city that isn't a rooftop pool. Viridian and Skyhouse did it right!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bark At The Sun said:

Another crane foundation?

Centric13.jpeg.jpg

I copied this photo from @downtownresidentpost above. That boxed in area contains the rebar for a cluster of piers. Don't know why it's boxed in, but it looks a bit like a crane base but I don't think so. Here's the other angle before the box was built around it.

C5A16704-9797-47CC-A6C9-8AABEBE6B9A2.jpeg

15 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

I was thinking elevators as well, as that side of the building is supposed to be mostly concrete/metal siding with very few windows  

79AF0AA7-F28E-4AA8-9A2A-11123BF7838E.jpeg

Definitely the elevator/stair shaft. It would be the base of the white strip in the rendering above.

It also gives you a good idea of how the rest of the building will sit on the footprint.  In the rendering above, note that the glass on the ground floor doesn't go all the way under the parking garage portion. That's because the garage will be cantilevered over a portion of what is now the sidewalk. Presumably the cantilevering is to provide a consistent building wall along Malloy in anticipation of it (possibly... HOPEFULLY) being realigned.

On 7/31/2019 at 12:08 PM, NashWellington11 said:

Definitely the elevator/stair shaft. It would be the base of the white strip in the rendering above.

It also gives you a good idea of how the rest of the building will sit on the footprint.  In the rendering above, note that the glass on the ground floor doesn't go all the way under the parking garage portion. That's because the garage will be cantilevered over a portion of what is now the sidewalk. Presumably the cantilevering is to provide a consistent building wall along Malloy in anticipation of it (possibly... HOPEFULLY) being realigned.

I’m pretty sure Malloy is going to be re-aligned. I’ll see if I can find the site plan I got in the mail when they first started. 

• Like 1