Centric Hotel, 20 stories, 252 rooms, 8,000 s. ft. retail, March, 2019 start, C.B. Ragland, 200 Molloy St. (2nd Ave South & Molloy)

markhollin

Who is the booked guest for the Jan meet?

22 minutes ago, dmillsphoto said:

We do still meet the first Saturday each month, 10 am. We've also been known to do one-offs for special guests. We'd love to have you out, we've got our December meet open, January we'll have a guest, however.

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Looking north from intersection of KVB and 3rd Ave. South.  This new hotel will hopefully cover up the blank white wall of the SoBro Tower parking garage.

Hyatt CB Ragland site, Oct 29, 2017.jpg

If the SAP towers get built, they will fill in that gap between sobro and 222 from this angle, right? It would be a great density shot full of towers, that is if I'm correct about the placement of SAP. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

Looking north from intersection of KVB and 3rd Ave. South.  This new hotel will hopefully cover up the blank white wall of the SoBro Tower parking garage.

Hyatt CB Ragland site, Oct 29, 2017.jpg

I think that was probably the thinking when they built that big blank wall. Why devote a lot of money making it interesting if it’s going to be blocked in 3 years?

3 hours ago, NissanvilleTitans said:

If the SAP towers get built, they will fill in that gap between sobro and 222 from this angle, right? It would be a great density shot full of towers, that is if I'm correct about the placement of SAP. 

Yeah this area will have some of the densest high rise activity in town. The only place I can think of that would rival it is the area around  Commerce and  Church Streets, between like 3rd and 6th avenues. 

1 hour ago, Alley said:

The folks in Sobro will have views of a 20 floor hotel now - not that the current view from that side is spectacular. Wonder if better views affect lease price points?

Encore can just hang it up.

Well they’re rentals so I suppose it’s not as big of a “back stab” as it would be if they were condos. If you were buying a unit in that building surely you’d do your research on the surrounding area, if views are what you’re after. For myself, the appeal of living downtown (I never have, mind you) would be more about the urban living than the views. Living in a lively, almost all hours of the day neighborhood would be more appealing than just having a good view of the city. For instance, I’d rather live in a lower floor on the upper west side or the village in New York, rather than have a great view of those neighborhoods from New Jersey. 

• Like 4

A bit more from The Tennessean today:

MDHA committee gave concept approval to developer C.B. Ragland Co.'s plans for a 20-story, roughly 250-room hotel building with a three-meal restaurant at Third Avenue and Molloy Street in SoBro and 4,000 square feet of retail at Second and Molloy. That approval is subject to review of the skin of the building.

C.B. Ragland's President Michael Hayes expects to return to the committee within three months with more details such as full architectural renderings, the selected skin and exterior materials and possible revelation of the flag for the hotel that's planned for property that The Listening Room once occupied at 200 Molloy St.

The Nashville-based real estate company's plans also include a parking garage as part of the hotel project and an associated realignment of Molloy between Second and Third avenues south.

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 6.44.15 AM.png

• Like 4