Centric Hotel, 20 stories, 252 rooms, 8,000 s. ft. retail, March, 2019 start, C.B. Ragland, 200 Molloy St. (2nd Ave South & Molloy)

markhollin

The "luxury" (I assume full service) options for the Hyatt brand are: Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Centric, Park Hyatt, Andaz, and The Unbound Collection. Nashville already has a planned Hyatt Regency as part of Nashville Yards and the Holston House (James Robertson Apts) is going to be part of the Unbound Collection. At 250 rooms, the Grand Hyatt seems to be out since they are usually much larger. Andaz seems to be more boutique than a new construction 20 story hotel, so that seems out.  That leaves a Hyatt, Hyatt Centric, and Park Hyatt as potentials.  Park Hyatt seems to be a stretch IMO, so I think this will be either a Hyatt branded hotel or the relatively uncommon and new Hyatt Centric Brand. 

• Like 2

On November 5, 2017 at 12:42 PM, Pdt2f said:

I think that was probably the thinking when they built that big blank wall. Why devote a lot of money making it interesting if it’s going to be blocked in 3 years?

Literally what every high-rise development in Manhattan has done for the past 70 years. Unless you purchase the air rights to the surrounding properties, you build with a blank wall for an abutment to  future development.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
4 hours ago, wreynol4 said:

How long until the surface lot behind it is the developed...

Is that lot owned by whoever owns the Asurian building? I know they use it for parking, hopefully they’d be willing to part with it. In a few years that lot could be the most sought-after piece of property in Nashville. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pdt2f said:

Is that lot owned by whoever owns the Asurian building? I know they use it for parking, hopefully they’d be willing to part with it. In a few years that lot could be the most sought-after piece of property in Nashville. 

We shall part with it at the end of 2021. :-)

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, wreynol4 said:

I still think the surface lot across from the Federal Courthouse in front of old library is up there in terms of highly desirable sport.

Its OK, however access to the lot has problems and that is something a developer would look at. I think that lot is owned by the same group that owns the lot behind Hume Fogg and that I think is part of the Carrell Family. Not 100 % sure without taking the time to check.

• 3 months later...