markhollin

Hotel Broadway, 16 story independent boutique, 423 rooms, 250 seat music room, $50 million, NW corner of McGavock & 13th Ave. South

Manuel Zeitlin has a reputation as an excellent architect, at least I thought. I realize "value engineering" makes all the difference in the final product. 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2018 at 4:57 AM, markhollin said:

New rendering of 16 story design:

MGavock Street Hotel, July 3, 2018, render.png

I'm really digging the hot air balloon. That might be a first for a hotel rendering.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jamie Hall said:

I'm really digging the hot air balloon. That might be a first for a hotel rendering.

I didn't know Phil Ponder was doing construction renderings now

• Like 2

Bobby Kirby and Jewell Hale have partnered with Nashville hotelier Rajesh Aggarwal for what will now be called Hotel Broadway. At 16 stories, the room count will now be 423, and there will be a 250 seat music room. It will be independently owned and not associated with any particular brand.  Crain construction will oversee the buildout.   Franklin Synergy Bank has loaned the initial $20 million towards the $50 million project. 

A few new renderings have been found, several of them showing the original 23 story size design. 

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/11/08/new-investors-back-big-gulch-hotel-named-hotel.html

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 2.35.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 2.36.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 2.36.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 2.36.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 2.36.53 PM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This seems to be an awfully big hotel to not have a major flag.  It seems kind of risky to me, but someone was willing to lend he money. 

• Like 1

I don't know that much about renderings but those ^^^ look sort of like somebody's kid did them for a class project.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

I don't know that much about renderings but those ^^^ look sort of like somebody's kid did them for a class project.

Or at least an architecture studio project where someone felt "inspired" along the street facade

• Like 1