Modera McGavock (formerly Hotel Broadway plan), 29 stories/325', 400 residential units, 16,000 sq. ft. restaurant/retail

markhollin

• 4 months later...

Bobby Kirby and Jewell Hale have partnered with Nashville hotelier Rajesh Aggarwal for what will now be called Hotel Broadway. At 16 stories, the room count will now be 423, and there will be a 250 seat music room. It will be independently owned and not associated with any particular brand.  Crain construction will oversee the buildout.   Franklin Synergy Bank has loaned the initial $20 million towards the $50 million project. 

A few new renderings have been found, several of them showing the original 23 story size design. 

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/11/08/new-investors-back-big-gulch-hotel-named-hotel.html

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 2.35.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 2.36.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 2.36.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 2.36.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 2.36.53 PM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

New rendering released.  It project has landed Metro Downtown Code Design Review Committee approval on the bonus height for that area.   They are stating that the structure is 16 stories, but the image shows 18 facing 13th Ave. South:

January groundbreaking is still planned. 

More at Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21038414/new-image-released-for-proposed-gulch-hotel

Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 10.09.26 AM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 10.09.26 AM.png

The side facing 13th and the interstate has a curve, I think.  That could add some visual interest for those driving through Nashville on I-40 and I-65.  Also, the black strip across the top floor and down the right side adds some contrast to the white.  I'm guessing the reddish stripe next to the Hotel Broadway sign will be LED lighting.

With more of that teal, this could be a good design for a Margaritaville Hotel. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I was talking to WW yesterday about Rajesh Aggarwal, and it is very strange that he bought, then resold, the bought the property back. I have reservations about this but I do hope it happens.

Just for background, I think this is the same guy that owns Global Mall and the two Music Row hotels that had all of the labor issues with employees not getting paid.

• Like 1

Random bit of info:  I think this Rajesh Aggarwal used to be a professor in the school of business at MTSU.  If it's the same Rajesh Aggarwal that I remember, then I had him for Business Communications back in the late 1990's.  Of course, I don't know how common that name is in India, maybe it's like John Smith.  But my former professor's wife was also a doctor, which again, might mean nothing because a bunch of Indian guy's wives in Middle Tennessee might be doctors.  If it is the same guy, then he is actually pretty funny and likeable in person.  He used to tell us hilarious stories in class and say things like "I bought Cavalry Bank shares at $8, now it is trading at $64, you are lucky that I am still here".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Armacing said:

Random bit of info:  I think this Rajesh Aggarwal used to be a professor in the school of business at MTSU.  If it's the same Rajesh Aggarwal that I remember, then I had him for Business Communications back in the late 1990's.  Of course, I don't know how common that name is in India, maybe it's like John Smith.  But my former professor's wife was also a doctor, which again, might mean nothing because a bunch of Indian guy's wives in Middle Tennessee might be doctors.  If it is the same guy, then he is actually pretty funny and likeable in person.  He used to tell us hilarious stories in class and say things like "I bought Cavalry Bank shares at $8, now it is trading at $64, you are lucky that I am still here".

I bet it's the same guy.  When the former Hickory Hollow Mall was sold, I remember it was sold to someone who used to be a professor at MTSU and some doctors (his wife would be one of them, presumably).

• Sad 1