Sign in to follow this  
arcturus

Shipping Containers as Homes

Yes, Sovengard.   A few years back, someone had the idea for a shipping container "food court" in Eastown, where the Eastown flats are now.   

This whole movement has been around for a while.  I Really like the idea of recycling these into different uses.  

I could have sworn there was an ArtPrize entry that was a single shipping container structure of some sort.

But I also would love to see more places here utilize them, especially as cheap housing options or as a replacement for existing trailer parks

9 minutes ago, GR_Urbanist said:

I could have sworn there was an ArtPrize entry that was a single shipping container structure of some sort.

But I also would love to see more places here utilize them, especially as cheap housing options or as a replacement for existing trailer parks

"Containment" was an ArtPrize entry in 2013. It was a Shipping Container that opened up into a Bar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pattmost20 said:

"Containment" was an ArtPrize entry in 2013. It was a Shipping Container that opened up into a Bar.

I think you can see that bar here. Or something like it -  Bar Lee and Birch

I do think that are some regulations that the city has, I had a friend looking into it but could not get approval for residential.