BridgeWay Station mixed use development-Mauldin, SC

gman430

Seems VERY ambitioous.  I have mixed feelings on this one. Rather than sprawling out into this area, I would prefer to see DT, County Square, Laurens Rd., ICAR/Millenium and Verdae get these buildings. Those reas that already have infrastructure in place.  Is this Phil hughes or Bob Hughes or both? 

3 hours ago, vicupstate said:

Seems VERY ambitioous.  I have mixed feelings on this one. Rather than sprawling out into this area, I would prefer to see DT, County Square, Laurens Rd., ICAR/Millenium and Verdae get these buildings. Those reas that already have infrastructure in place.  Is this Phil hughes or Bob Hughes or both? 

I don’t think you have to worry about county square. After seeing who the developer and architect is, expect something impressive. 

Phil Hughes. He already owns this site which is probably why he chose it for this development. 

Edited by gman430

1 hour ago, FUgrad02 said:

Very dense, grid street pattern, proven developer, and it develops Mauldin along I-85. Was is not to like love about this? 

Maybe it will encourage densification in that area, specifically from the site North towards Woodruff Road. There are a lot of businesses that don’t seem to really fit the area any longer that could be redeveloped. 

• 2 months later...

This project just got bigger. :blink: First office building to start construction immediately with delivery in mid-2019. Directly across the round-a-bout from the Charter office building. Seven floors and 103 feet tall. 100,000 square feet. Site plans and renderings coming shortly. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's the last thing we need.

What do you call a city consisting of slews of low-density office parks, shopping centers, etc. strung along highways?

Atlanta.  Or Dallas.  Or Houston. 

Adding a million square feet of mixed-use space to downtown Greenville: now that would be great.

Edited by PuppiesandKittens

47 minutes ago, PuppiesandKittens said:

What do you call a city consisting of slews of low-density office parks, shopping centers, etc. strung along highways?

Adding a million square feet of mixed-use space to downtown Greenville: now that would be great.

Regarding your last sentence: Camperdown and probably county square. 

I don’t have a problem with this development. It’s doing exactly what Magnolia Park and the Point were supposed to be originally. Every large metro area throughout the country has mixed use developments like this in the suburbs. No reason Greenville can’t or shouldn’t. Besides, this has much better design and looks than a regular suburban shopping center with large parking lots out front like you see at Easley Town Center, Shops at Greenridge, Cherrydale Point, etc. :sick:

Edited by gman430

1 hour ago, PuppiesandKittens said:

It's what growing metro areas do and I like it. There is stuff like this all around the DC suburbs, like National Harbor which I love. That's the beauty of this country. Many places to live. Choices. I like what Greenville is doing, that's why I'm here.

27 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Regarding your last sentence: Camperdown and probably county square. 

I don’t have a problem with this development. It’s doing exactly what Magnolia Park and the Point were supposed to be originally. Every large metro area throughout the country has mixed use developments like this in the suburbs. No reason Greenville can’t or shouldn’t. Besides, this has much better design and looks than a regular suburban shopping center with large parking lots out front like you see at Easley Town Center, Shops at Greenridge, Cherrydale Point, etc. :sick:

I agree fully on that. This is what those should've been.

We aren't getting enough growth in office space to build this out and County Square and the projects already built or underway DT.  Demand for retail space is transitioning too with Amazon and online shopping still in its early years.  We are not DC, Atlanta, etc. Until we start bring in new white collar jobs this is going to just be more shuffling around of office space that is already here.  

1 hour ago, vicupstate said:

We aren't getting enough growth in office space to build this out and County Square and the projects already built or underway DT.  Demand for retail space is transitioning too with Amazon and online shopping still in its early years.  We are not DC, Atlanta, etc. Until we start bring in new white collar jobs this is going to just be more shuffling around of office space that is already here.  

I would like to see more aggressiveness with growing home grown companies through the Next program like you’re seeing with Chartspan.