BridgeWay Station mixed use development-Mauldin, SC

gman430

I don’t like it. :sick: The architecture is nice but how much of the site plan is going to be ruined now because of this? Reminds me how Cabela’s ruined Magnolia Park. 

Edit: On second thought I guess it depends exactly where on the site the stadium will be located. If it’s on the end like the Atlanta Braves stadium is then maybe it won’t be so bad especially if it’s integrated properly like theirs is at the Battery. It will only take up six out of 40 acres within the development also. 

Edited by gman430

13 hours ago, gman430 said:

I don’t like it. :sick: The architecture is nice but how much of the site plan is going to be ruined now because of this? Reminds me how Cabela’s ruined Magnolia Park. 

Edit: On second thought I guess it depends exactly where on the site the stadium will be located. If it’s on the end like the Atlanta Braves stadium is then maybe it won’t be so bad especially if it’s integrated properly like theirs is at the Battery. It will only take up six out of 40 acres within the development also. 

Looks nice but not a fan of the light  poles They look rather high school stadium-ish.  I know it's just a rendering but surely they could do some nicer looking light supports.

Still don't see this place attracting that many retail stores with Woodruff rd so close by so they have to fill it with something. They could attract a lot more events than soccer also  including American football. Would be good for the hotels and restaurants around the Mauldin/Sville area.

14 hours ago, gman430 said:

Reminds me how Cabela’s ruined Magnolia Park. 

I resemble this remark.... there's folks moving here specifically because we have this magnet store.  Magnolia Park was a poorly designed shopping venue...unlikely it would attract as many shoppers without Cabela's.   

Edited by cabelagent
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, motonenterprises said:

It'll get built. He really doesn't need their money. Read more deeply. That was one option.

There is nothing in the article that references anything about alternatives. If he built it himself as designed without public money, he would look pretty greedy and foolish. It would certainly poison the well for similar projects.

1 hour ago, vicupstate said:

There is nothing in the article that references anything about alternatives. If he built it himself as designed without public money, he would look pretty greedy and foolish. It would certainly poison the well for similar projects.

Again. Reread the article where he says this doesn't kill it. It'll get done one way or another. I believe him.

1 hour ago, motonenterprises said:

Again. Reread the article where he says this doesn't kill it. It'll get done one way or another. I believe him.

I wouldn't expect him to say differently, but hoping there is a way to still get it done and actually having a viable alternative aren't the same thing. Either Mauldin is going to have to put more money into the project or he is, or he has to go with a different location altogether.   I believe he will return with a different proposal but it may not succeed either.  

3 hours ago, vicupstate said:

How will doing this on his own be greedy? How would it poison the well for similar projects? 

Until somebody can explain to me how putting this soccer stadium in the sprawling suburbs over downtown is a good idea, I am against any taxpayer dollars going towards it. Not only that but this soccer stadium would ruin the site plan for Bridgeway Station the same Cabela’s ruined Magnolia Park’s. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

What are the uses that the stadium would replace in the Bridgeway master plan.  

Well, look at the current overall site plan on page 4 here: 

https://listingsprod.blob.core.windows.net/ourlistings-usa/cde3fc6a-b525-46ae-8858-570eb75345e5/d1493996-a232-4276-a99f-af72f3c95464

Do you see a soccer stadium? I sure don’t. It has to go somewhere which seems something would have to be taken away to make way for it. That’s exactly what happened when Cabela’s announced their Magnolia Park location. It completely ruined what would have been a beautiful mixed use development. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, gman430 said:

https://listingsprod.blob.core.windows.net/ourlistings-usa/cde3fc6a-b525-46ae-8858-570eb75345e5/d1493996-a232-4276-a99f-af72f3c95464

Do you see a soccer stadium? I sure don’t. It has to go somewhere which seems something would have to be taken away to make way for it. That’s exactly what happened when Cabela’s announced their Magnolia Park location. It completely ruined what would have been a beautiful mixed use development. 

I would assume it is taking the place of the building marked as "E" entertainment venue?   

I wish this whole project would just go away.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

I would assume it is taking the place of the building marked as "E" entertainment venue?   

I wish this whole project would just go away.  

No, It would be going where G, H, and I are. E is actually moving forward and part of phase 1. Probably a movie theater or bowling alley for that space. 

If I had to pick between County Square and Bridgeway Station succeeding, it would definitely be County Square. 

Edited by gman430

3 hours ago, gman430 said:

This is nothing like Magnolia. Smh. They have already started on a very unique building. You see nothing like that at any shopping development in the area.

18 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

Because it would illustrate that he didn't need the County's tax payer money from the start... 

I am really trying to understand how this makes sense and am drawing a blank. He will greedily use his own money instead of asking the city put it up? I’m a small sample size but I get the sense that developers are more popular when they don’t use public money.

• Like 1