BridgeWay Station mixed use development-Mauldin, SC

gman430

I'm totally for Hughes abandoning these ruins early on in favor of constructing this tower. Lets get the ball rolling on part of the mixed use component of the new convention center. Damn, I'm starving for a +25 high rise proposal. Once we see how quickly The McClaren fills up, we'll realize there is high-demand downtown that requires taller (not wider) towers. 

FBA0-E707-4-C9-F-4-B35-B0-AF-41-A43-B021-FFD.png

Edited by GVLover
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ingvegas said:

Interesting to look at. I noticed several of the the areas highlighted have already been developed and was thinking this must be way out of date, then I saw at the bottom this was from 2002. Has this not been updated recently?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are so excited to announce our latest BridgeWay Station tenant, The Junkyard!

A fast-paced, fun, high-intensity workout, The Junkyard provides a workout experience like you’ve never had before!

The Junkyard’s awesome leadership and instructors will add a great new dynamic to BridgeWay Station’s live, work, play mentality.

Let’s get active with The Junkyard of Mauldin!

Check out their page for more info: @thejunkyardfitness

Dallas, Texas-based Cinergy Entertainment Group is planning a 70,000-square-foot location in Mauldin’s BridgeWay Station, the company announced March 21.

The $23 million center will include:

• A 10,000-square-foot virtual reality arcade featuring five VR experiences, a free roaming arena and VR bumper cars
  • 10 bowling lanes
  • Five escape rooms
  • Seven dine-in movie theaters
  • A sports-themed bar
  • Private meeting spaces with audio-visual technology, full-service catering and Wi-Fi.

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/square-feet/bridgeway-station-to-get-dine-in-cinema-family-entertainment-center-cinergy-entertainment-group/

Edited by GVLover

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.greenvillebusinessmag.com/2022/04/04/394890/bridgeway-station-trying-to-keep-ahead-of-demand

• GREEN Charter School. Now with five state campuses that focus on renewable energy education, sustainability, and conservation efforts, GREEN Charter School plans to open a new high school at BridgeWay Station in August 2022.

The new high school will begin with an expected enrollment of about 300-350 students and will offer a personalized high school experience for grades 9-12.

"Currently the Greenville campus that serves our middle and high school students combines grades 7-12,” said Melanie Hammack, director of operations for GREEN Charter Schools.  “Moving the high school to BridgeWay Station will give our students the opportunity to have a rich high school experience tailored to the needs of those entering college or the workforce."

I didn't know about this. I wonder where exactly it will be located?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2022 at 4:11 AM, GVLover said:

Admittedly, though I’ve had my reservations about this project, the masonry looks pretty damn good IMO.

304E4F39-243A-4F7C-BD46-9273DC927043.jpeg

0FA4A608-4C6F-4F98-AE42-57C1F71C5B4C.jpeg
Source: “bridgewaystation” instagram

I agree the masons are doing an awesome job of emulating old European feel.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, GVLover said:

The tallest buildings is apartments, correct? Also, what is the progress on the two smaller buildings under construction if anyone caught a glimpse? 

Yes and with retail/restaurant space on the ground floor. All of phase 1 with the exception of Cinergy is well under construction with the buildings rising or topped out already. You can see a pdf file for phase 1 layout here: https://listingsprod.blob.core.windows.net/ourlistings-usa/cde3fc6a-b525-46ae-8858-570eb75345e5/0aad663e-69c0-455d-824d-73af4946fe0c

I drive by the site everyday on the way to and from work. It's only ten minutes from my house also so I will try to get some drone pics soon. 

Edited by gman430
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

https://gvltoday.6amcity.com/bridgeway-brewing-mauldin-sc/

Another brewery by the owner of Double Stamp and Southernside.  I don't think I've ever seen someone open up multiple microbreweries with brewing capacity with different branding all in the same region.  

I still think the developers of BridgeWay should aggressively pursue Piada (https://mypiada.com/) to expand to SC.  Would be a perfect thematic fit

Edited by NewlyUpstate

Ice cream shop announced for Bridgeway Station: Mauldin’s BridgeWay Station to welcome Yogi’s Cups and Cones ice cream - UPSTATE BUSINESS JOURNAL 

The available tenant spots are filling up nicely. With that, I wonder if we could see phase II construction announced soon???

Edited by gman430