BridgeWay Station mixed use development-Mauldin, SC

gman430

1 hour ago, Danmire said:

Not sure I'm a fan of the faux-ruin architecture style

And I'm not a fan of modern suburban architecture that is literally everywhere across the whole country.  It's refreshing to see something different with some character for a change. I'll happily take a risk on something like this than just another run of the mill. 

Few know this, but during the high middle ages the Venetian Republic had a trading outpost in the region of Mauldin (the Reedy River was much wider and more navigable then). 

All joking aside, I am fascinated by the risk being taken here and I genuinely look forward to exploring this place when it opens. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The amount of restaurants these guys are opening is insane.. you have to wonder if it's sustainable.

They now have Warehouse at Vaughns, Warehouse at Midtown, a burger place at Hampton Station, new "food hall" at Bridge Way - now plus these 2 stand alone higher concept spots also at Bridgeway

Edited by NewlyUpstate

The Dining District!  Much needed considering the lack of options in such a fast growing area.  woodruff is just all chains (for the most part) and rather boring.  Fairview Road is the only other exit with some dining options.  Having an option other than downtown Greenville will be nice.  I imagine other retailers will come on board in the future phases but having an dining and entertainment destination is really cool to have in the suburbs.  My wife and i moved from Charlotte and miss that.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 8:14 PM, vistatiger said:

None of the surroundings on Holland Rd really tie in with this development.

It kind of reminds me of Greenville County's own little version of Heritage USA.   I keep looking for a Jim and Tammy billboard to pop up over on 385 next to it. 

Edited by cabelagent

I wonder how soon they're planning phase II considering this initial phase is nearly full. The residential component is easonably priced in this market (IMO) and should fill up quickly. National retailers should absolutely be part of phase II, and no more surface parking. 

• Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 12:56 AM, GVLover said:

I wonder how soon they're planning phase II considering this initial phase is nearly full. The residential component is easonably priced in this market (IMO) and should fill up quickly. National retailers should absolutely be part of phase II, and no more surface parking. 

I would think pulling in national retailers is not easy these days when many are pulling back especially when you have Simon three exits down who can offer them multiple lease deals at their shopping centers all over the country and competition from downtown too.   A lot of  retailers are already established in the immediate area near Bridgeway ( between GreenRidge/Magnolia/ Haywood and DT). I can't think of that many they could realistically get for this size of an area that we don't already have. 

Edited by vistatiger

10 hours ago, vistatiger said:

I would think pulling in national retailers is not easy these days when many are pulling back especially when you have Simon three exits down who can offer them multiple lease deals at their shopping centers all over the country and competition from downtown too.   A lot of  retailers are already established in the immediate area near Bridgeway ( between GreenRidge/Magnolia/ Haywood and DT). I can't think of that many they could realistically get for this size of an area that we don't already have. 

I think you're spot on here. One advantage that this development will have over other suburban options will be the residential population (which might be why we are seeing such heavy concentration of food/beverage options). Abandoning the mixed-use components of Magnolia Park was such an unfortunate error. 

Table 301 to open restaurant at Bridgeway Station. 

The restaurant will occupy approximately 5,000 square feet on the second floor of a corner building overlooking the project’s grand plaza and Main Street. The unique space will feature approximately 2,162 square feet of outdoor balcony dining.

Details regarding the restaurant’s concept, name, and menu features are still in the development phase.

“Carl [Sobocinski] and Table 301 have done so much for Greenville’s growth and success, and we feel strongly that his leadership, creativity, and passion will have a similar positive influence on the community at BridgeWay Station. We are excited to see what he comes up with for this new location!” - Phil Hughes, Owner and President of Hughes Investments, Inc.

Edited by gman430