BridgeWay Station mixed use development-Mauldin, SC

gman430

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, gman430 said:

What happened to the proposed soccer stadium? 

Greenville County council is dysfunctional is what happened.  Basically waited until the day of the vote to decide to table it if i recall correctly.  Some discussion of reviving it with the council.  

^^ With a new council chairman and several new members, I could see it getting a second vote. There are some rules around having to wait a year to re-vote on something, but if it is materially changed, I think that can be waived. 

Regardless, I hope it doesn't happen. I don't like the idea of tax breaks for something of that nature. Plus it would cannibalize areas that were intended for the original uses of retail and residences, etc.  I also think it would be a traffic nightmare at that location. I wish they would find a different location.    

• Like 4

4 hours ago, chuckyvt said:

Greenville County council is dysfunctional is what happened.  Basically waited until the day of the vote to decide to table it if i recall correctly.  Some discussion of reviving it with the council.  

That was one of the dumbest decisions the County Council has ever made. Makes no economic sense at all. But, it will be back, much sooner than later. 

20 hours ago, gman430 said:

The Bridges Road bridge over I-385 will be closing for thirty days starting June 3rd for the SCDOT rehabilitation project. 

That should make the traffic crossing on East Butler a barrel of fun. At least  the schools will be out for summer break I guess. Glad I don't live or work over there right now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2023 at 2:13 PM, gman430 said:

The Bridges Road bridge over I-385 will be closing for thirty days starting June 3rd for the SCDOT rehabilitation project. 

The bridge rehab is completed…big improvement & very nice. Now for additional road improvements around the site….

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like Cinergy has completely stalled and is no longer coming. I guess they couldn’t get construction costs down. All mentions of the Mauldin location have been removed from their website. Hughes and Colliers are trying to find a new tenant similar to Cinergy for the spot. Space is now highlighted in blue which means available on the latest site plan: 

https://listingsprod.blob.core.windows.net/ourlistings-usa/cde3fc6a-b525-46ae-8858-570eb75345e5/ae26caf4-4552-451f-8257-5a11832b7551

Edited by gman430

39 minutes ago, gman430 said:

It looks like Cinergy has completely stalled and is no longer coming. I guess they couldn’t get construction costs down. All mentions of the Mauldin location have been removed from their website. Hughes and Colliers are trying to find a new tenant similar to Cinergy for the spot. Space is now highlighted in blue which means available on the latest site plan: 

https://listingsprod.blob.core.windows.net/ourlistings-usa/cde3fc6a-b525-46ae-8858-570eb75345e5/ae26caf4-4552-451f-8257-5a11832b7551

I'll wait on them to confirm.

32 minutes ago, gman said:

Me too. We have heard this one before. 

Developers don’t announce when tenants have pulled out of their projects. Hopefully Hughes finds a similar tenant replacement. 

Edited by gman430

3 hours ago, gman430 said:

Developers don’t announce when tenants have pulled out of their projects. Hopefully Hughes finds a similar tenant replacement. 

gman430, you forgot to mention that this means that Mauldin is a complete and utter failure as a city and will never reach the level, and the same for Greenville, as you usually do.  I thought that you might find a friendly reminder helpful.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, PuppiesandKittens said:

gman430, you forgot to mention that this means that Mauldin is a complete and utter failure as a city and will never reach the level, and the same for Greenville, as you usually do.  I thought that you might find a friendly reminder helpful.

😂 Now that's funny right there. But it is true of what he tends to say.

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2023 at 12:19 PM, motonenterprises said:

😂 Now that's funny right there. But it is true of what he tends to say.

Greenville and Mauldin suck. Cinergy is still coming also. Notice all of the construction equipment on site. **crickets**

Edited by gman430
  • Confused 1