BridgeWay Station mixed use development-Mauldin, SC

gman430

18 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

Interesting...  Based on past experience, I assume that Hughes has the main tenant lined up already. What a shame this isn't going downtown.

I don’t believe Hughes has any tenants lined up for this building or the one currently under construction at the development. 

At this point I think I have just reached the I don't care stage when it comes to how many floors a building has.  I care far more about good design/layout and making sure the roads around the area can support anything with increased density. For example... Holland Road needs to have at minimum a turn lane added down its full length and Bridges Road from the intersection with Holland needs to be four lanes with a turn all the  up to the the Mauldin High School intersection.  Sadly this will probably not happen until after this is done and the whole area is in gridlock.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/27/2020 at 4:40 PM, gman430 said:

Looks like this is on hold due to lack of preleased tenants. Not sure who they expect to land when retailers and restaurants continue to close left and right. 

The decrease in the number of failing retailers and restaurants could shift space for commercial use to office, residential, and entertainment uses.  Dense office and residential development can fill BridgeWay Station quickly.

19 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

I have wondered if these two major projects might be too much at once for Mauldin. Mauldin is growing for sure, but these are both large projects to be hapenning at the same time. 

I don't want them to disrupt what's going on in Greenville, specifically downtown. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
10 hours ago, cabelagent said:

Careful....it may be a trick.  Trying to give the impression that something positive is about to happen. :D

It’s gonna have a big tower crane. :D Look at how excited the forum members are. **crickets**

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, adrockc2 said:

Awesome. Just awesome. :yahoo: :yahoo: To Haywood Mall and Magnolia Park: this is how it’s done. Governor attended the groundbreaking this morning also.

Now that vision is clear: more than 450,000 square feet of new development, including retail, restaurants, office space, multifamily residential, and event space, along with a pedestrian bridge over the highway. 

Designed to emulate “old-world architecture,” the development is expected to bring more than 1,000 new jobs to Mauldin within the first phase alone, with an anticipated completion date of Q4 2022.

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1