The RailYard SouthEnd

CLTProductions

48 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I noticed you did not mention Legacy 1 or 2 in your list LOL or what about Dimensional Funds in south end?   someone who knows how to set up a poll we should have a beauty contest of the top Under construction projects in uptown and southend.  It might be interesting.  

I did not as I despise LU1 and LU2 while much better on its own does not change my opinion of the whole development and since we don't know anything about the rest of the land I can not rank it above things such as getting the lights working again on the Corporate Center, which they are working on, and demolition of even a handful of Brookhill Village structures as far as favorite projects underway goes.

Dimensional Funds would be 2/3 places next down on the list if I kept going...  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, lit said:

Sorry if this is off-topic, but if you wanted a “micro apartment” with fewer amenities that was near the Light Rail but relatively inexpensive, couldn’t you just get a place at Tryon House? Is it really THAT bad?

I mean sure, its probably not that bad, but they will absolutely not be attracting the same person.  A comparison of kitchens. note that there doesn't seem to be any photos of Tryon House Apartments over 180x180 pixels. This is also assuming there are places available at Tryon House, which seems difficult to determine online. I'll see if I can find a number to call, and find out.

image.thumb.png.56186ef14c91a70c1c1bdbd9568a22fa.png

image.png.a093823dd00293ee338a911b102c99cb.png

Heres a 1 star review of the property

It’s not even an a apartment, it’s a motel room with a hardwood floor. The kitchen is non existent, the closet has water damage somehow, and the building manager would not even get up to show the “apartment". And she pretty much made it clear that I, a disabled veteran with no lease history, would be rejected if I applied but to pay the $55 application fee anyway.

Edited by Guest

I stayed in an AirBnB condo in Montreal that was about 600+/- sf which is far more than these units. It was just a few years old and in a downtown location and appeared to be mostly students renting for the nearby universities. Many Asians. My host was a woman who owned several of the units in the 20 story building.

I wonder if Railyard will go that route or will they prevent ownership of multiple units, short term leasing and other restrictions meant to encourage owner occupancy.