Jayvee

The RailYard SouthEnd

^^^ I was waiting to see if anyone noticed the tangled web of power lines reminds me of a trip to Costa Rica. 

• Like 2

^^^Man, that is impressive and looks like Southend is finally turning into it's own urban area.  Lol, maybe  if whoever did that video had put together the Amazon bid, Charlotte would still be in the hunt.

Edited by Durhamite
  • Like 2

Extraordinary, The lack of Height in this building is easily made up with the amenities and the building itself, Hope many more of these type developments come in and fill up South End.  

• Like 1

This project reminds me so much of many of the quality mid-rise projects being constructed around D.C. proper (thanks to height restrictions in district limits.)

While I probably know the answer, my question to those who really are in the know: What is so prohibitive to this design that keeps so many other developers from designing something similar? Why do we end up with projects like The Mint? Are designs like this riskier? Or are they just not as profitable?

13 hours ago, Hunted said:

Is there any plan for all that additional space to the left of the towers in that aerial shot?

Apartments 

Did they reduce the floor count by two?  Current webcam shows only 6 floors on north tower and continued work on lower levels. Surely this is not topped out.

Crazy how the first building has already reached the top floor!  I know there's a lot more work to be done but it gives you a good idea of the impact this development will have.

0.jpg

• Like 3

The CBJ article on the EY announcement indicated jobs at 100 N Tryon (BofA Corp Center) and 1422 S Tryon (RailYard)

So...it looks like we have our first tenant.  

Given BofA trying to push 3rd parties out of Corp Center, it wouldn't surprise me if all of EY Charlotte office ends up here.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

IMG_6220.JPG

There’s at least 3,864,268 power lines in this picture. We’re going to regret it when the Spider Martians invade us and have an advantage that WE provided them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

^^^ Dont blame the photographer I only shoot what I see!  LOL When I got back and looked at the photo closely it looks like we have 2 streetcar lines intersecting there with overhead wires. 

• Haha 1

DFA should make an imprint from that angle as well? Could be wrong.

Would not be visible, though 24 feet taller

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk