The RailYard SouthEnd

CLTProductions

This project reminds me so much of many of the quality mid-rise projects being constructed around D.C. proper (thanks to height restrictions in district limits.)

While I probably know the answer, my question to those who really are in the know: What is so prohibitive to this design that keeps so many other developers from designing something similar? Why do we end up with projects like The Mint? Are designs like this riskier? Or are they just not as profitable?

This project reminds me so much of many of the quality mid-rise projects being constructed around D.C. proper (thanks to height restrictions in district limits.)  While I probably know the answer, my question to those who really are in the know: What is so prohibitive to this design that keeps so many other developers from designing something similar? Why do we end up with projects like The Mint? Are designs like this riskier? Or are they just not as profitable?

Office has a lower overhead tbh. And they are expected to look nicer as a result.  

Rail yard you are handing over 16 shell spaces to be decided upon and upfit at the occupants discretion. With the mint, you are creating and modifying 250 spaces to be immediately occupied by someone’s knickknacks and furniture. A full upfit. Each person gets a bathrooms a kitchen. This doesn’t happen with office.

As a result, crapty apartments, on the outside with tons spent on the inside. Beautiful office towers with Sheetrock shells on the inside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The CBJ article on the EY announcement indicated jobs at 100 N Tryon (BofA Corp Center) and 1422 S Tryon (RailYard)

So...it looks like we have our first tenant.  

Given BofA trying to push 3rd parties out of Corp Center, it wouldn't surprise me if all of EY Charlotte office ends up here.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

The CBJ article on the EY announcement indicated jobs at 100 N Tryon (BofA Corp Center) and 1422 S Tryon (RailYard)

So...it looks like we have our first tenant.  

Given BofA trying to push 3rd parties out of Corp Center, it wouldn't surprise me if all of EY Charlotte office ends up here.

The other tower has a tenant too. one of these days that'll be announced.