The RailYard SouthEnd

CLTProductions

That is a Link-Belt crane. The distinctive Red-White color scheme is their identifier. Long ago I worked in the Charlotte company that was the Link-Belt distributor for sales service and parts. You will really have lived when you see train cars arrive with cab, boom, sheaves, cable, ballast and all and the crane assembles itself on site including lifting itself to attach the tracks and treads necessary to move about. This is necessary since cranes are often used in locations where supporting equipment that requires roads is not available such as marshes, quarries and such.

Edited by tarhoosier
  • Like 2

Holy Toledo Batman,  from the webcam view, that parking deck is YUGE!  

I hope they have Gulf Tech elevators otherwise,  you can add 20 minutes to your commute just climbing the ramps to find a spot after the lower decks fill up..  

1200800.jpg

1 hour ago, UPNoDa said:

Holy Toledo Batman,  from the webcam view, that parking deck is YUGE!  

I hope they have Gulf Tech elevators otherwise,  you can add 20 minutes to your commute just climbing the ramps to find a spot after the lower decks fill up..  

1200800.jpg

Why bother? Unless everyone there drives BMW X6s, it won't function properly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2018 at 5:38 PM, KJHburg said:

I am hearing that Allstate finally signed their lease here at the RailYard anyone know how much space?  They have 300+ people already temporarily at the WeWork uptown occupying almost 2 full floors of space there.  

I can confirm that they signed and plan on occupying the space when it opens. I'm not sure on the total size but do know it is going to be primarily for IT developers and production support folks, of which there are several hundred currently split between WeWork and University City. The main operations/call center hub in Charlotte will remain up in University City.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, UPNoDa said:

Was peeking in on the webcam today and does anyone else think there is just WAY too much parking garage being constructed on the Railyard site?

Considering the amount of apartments, office SF and retail SF...nah, but man oh man it’s a giant deck 

Edited by Jayvee

On 8/8/2018 at 9:36 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

It will. Paid parking, but decent rate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks RDF. I remember hearing from some guy at a bar that the reason Amos’ closed was the lack of parking but now they’re re-opening in-part because of new parking options unfolding but I cannot confirm source because it was some guy at a bar.