The RailYard SouthEnd

CLTProductions

Is there any word of the micro apartments?

I mean, speaking that the apartments are being built WRAPPING the deck that’s still under construction. Being built where there’s currently construction staging, and then the staging will have to move to the top floor of the parking deck, you aren’t going to hear anything about the micro units until the deck is complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This I do know there are 560 and counting Allstate people based at WeWork in Charlotte who are there temporarily until their new office is complete.    Allstate announced 2250 new jobs in Charlotte and they have not announced one lease yet (and they can't all fit in their space by no means at Innovation Park)

• Like 1

I am surprised to see  the Southend office market developing into a finance cluster (DFA, Allstate, Fromtier Capital as the pioneer). I had assumed that the Southend office market would just be a lower-cost, slightly hipper annex  of the Uptown market but it appears to be developing as a  Class A market that can stand on its own.

Now that new soace is getting traction I would not be surprised to see the “design  district” branding fade away.

Edited by kermit

1 hour ago, kermit said:

I am surprised to see  the Southend office market developing into a finance cluster (DFA, Allstate, Fromtier Capital as the pioneer). I had assumed that the Southend office market would just be a lower-cost, slightly hipper annex  of the Uptown market but it appears to be developing as a  Class A market that can stand on its own.

Now that new soace is getting traction I would not be surprised to see the “design  district” branding fade away.

Asana is who coined that term, and theres still plenty of warehouses for them to convert. It won't go away. A few people have proven they can wrestle land away from Jill Newton in the past (look her up on the Property Tax Site, she owns like dozens of pieces of prime land, but I'd love someone like Asana to wrestle the Miller Services building off her hands. This 93,000 sq foot building could be very special if it were opened up toward the Railtrail. 

11 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Allstate's new office (and WeWork and EY Innovation Center) looking good with the brick.  Can't wait until the deck is wrap with the micro apartments.  

IMG_4745.JPG

Sheesh. those power lines

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

AND that pole is in the sidewalk, and a narrow sidewalk it is. And another pole next to it which has no lines, if I am looking properly. Hard to tell with so many lines. 

I'm sincerely hoping that the sidewalk will be wider than that in the end; the trailer will certainly be gone. I think this is pretty much due to construction. (Of course, it sucked prior to construction, but should be better afterward...)

2 minutes ago, asthasr said:

I'm sincerely hoping that the sidewalk will be wider than that in the end; the trailer will certainly be gone. I think this is pretty much due to construction. (Of course, it sucked prior to construction, but should be better afterward...)

The trailer will be gone... and replaced by Microapartments... Pretty sure the sidewalks will be wider though.

Who is responsible for paying to bury power lines in a neighborhood like this that is converting from a former warehouse/industrial district into a mixed use neighborhood with office, residential, and retail? I get that there was no incentive to bury the power lines when this was a full industrial district, but it has rapidly changed.

Is it ultimately Duke Energy's call and do they pay for burying power lines out of the goodness of their heart / when it makes financial sense or is that the city's responsibility?

Edited by CLT2014

3 hours ago, atlrvr said:

This will have the best sidewalks of any project in South End.

All four sides of this block will have:

- 8' sidewalks

-an additional 8' hardscape (sidewalk with tree wells)

- No Planting strip :wub:

- striped on street parking on all 4 sides

With glorious powerline filled views! kidding, the hardscape is amazing. 

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:05 AM, kermit said:

If you don't mind me asking, where is Frontier Capital going? They are currently in 525 N Tryon, correct?