The RailYard SouthEnd

CLTProductions

4 minutes ago, lancer22 said:

If you don't mind me asking, where is Frontier Capital going? They are currently in 525 N Tryon, correct?

Sorry, I wasn't super clear (and I didn't realized they moved). They were at 1900 South (Tompkins Tool Works) and were a pioneer for Southend finance. Now that you mention it, they moved like a decade ago -- my brain is very slow to update.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, kermit said:

Sorry, I wasn't super clear (and I didn't realized they moved). They were at 1900 South (Tompkins Tool Works) and were a pioneer for Southend finance. Now that you mention it, they moved like a decade ago -- my brain is very slow to update.

Got it thanks. You old fogies can't bring up ancient history from 10 years ago. Us millennials don't have memories that reach back that far >:)

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

Are these workmen putting up, or taking down the overhead lines ?

Looks like Pike Electric is making 'Hot' connections to the existing overhead lines and / or some type of transformer work or installation.  I'm fairly certain burying overhead powerlines won't take place unless the developer has specifically requested this and is paying to have it done. Not likely.   Additional lines needed for this project may be buried but anything pre-existing this project won't be unless someone is going to pay big bucks for it.

2 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Looks like Pike Electric is making 'Hot' connections to the existing overhead lines and / or some type of transformer work or installation.  I'm fairly certain burying overhead powerlines won't take place unless the developer has specifically requested this and is paying to have it done. Not likely.   Additional lines needed for this project may be buried but anything pre-existing this project won't be unless someone is going to pay big bucks for it.

Nope. As I stated nothing is being buried here. Just cleaned up. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2018 at 10:31 AM, KJHburg said:

Here are some details from the Business Journal article on the microunits

""Furman said, the unit mix will consist of 400-square-foot studios, in addition to some approximately 800-square-foot "roommate plans" with two bedrooms and two bathrooms — still smaller than many units coming on line in Charlotte multifamily projects.  "We thought, well, one of the ways you can make rent more affordable is to split those up and have (two people) sharing a space," Furman said Wednesday. "We're trying to push affordability within a market context, so we added some two-bedrooms units."Seven two-bedroom corner units at Centro Railyard will be more like a typical apartment at around 1,000 square feet, largely because the design of the building lent itself to having slightly larger apartments on the corners than the rest of the development. Those corner units will also include balconies.""

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/11/28/more-details-shared-on-micro-unit-mixed-use.html

Have they spoken about the starting price of these units? As a young adult that doesn’t need a lot of space, I desperately wish more developers would build more micro-apartments in Charlotte. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Third Strike said:

Have they spoken about the starting price of these units? As a young adult that doesn’t need a lot of space, I desperately wish more developers would build more micro-apartments in Charlotte. 

None mentioned yet I have heard of I am sure they are waiting until all the costs come in but when I hear it I will post them for sure.  

• Like 2