The RailYard SouthEnd

CLTProductions

This is one of my favorite new projects.  It uses the right amount of brick for an 8 story building.  The base looks terrific, hope to see some good restaurants in here.

The only complaint is at street level, the power lines really distract from the building.  It it was a normal power line, it may not be as bad, but this is a bundle of lines which could power New Hampshire.  It really should have been buried.

17 minutes ago, stw52 said:

All State signage was up this morning, on the north tower wall facing uptown. WeWork signage looks good, better than their uptown sign. All States could be a lot better.

thanks and I will check it out next time down that way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stw52 said:

All State signage was up this morning, on the north tower wall facing uptown. WeWork signage looks good, better than their uptown sign. All States could be a lot better.

Off topic and a dead horse from me but the WeWork sign uptown smack dab in the middle of the most photographed — by far — angle of the skyline?  I hate it so much and I don’t blame wework but my gawd it’s a travesty for any medium to close-up view from that side of town. It’s akin to if someone drew a mustache on the Mona Lisa.

Edited by Crucial_Infra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/29/2019 at 7:36 PM, Crucial_Infra said:

Off topic and a dead horse from me but the WeWork sign uptown smack dab in the middle of the most photographed — by far — angle of the skyline?  I hate it so much and I don’t blame wework but my gawd it’s a travesty for any medium to close-up view from that side of town. It’s akin to if someone drew a mustache on the Mona Lisa.

If you think that's important make sure you email city council members and let them know. It was enlarged after first proposed and had no opposition. The Panthers have a signage related rezoning coming up and it could well help to start to set a precedent with giant signage.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Micro apartments rising around the RailYard garage and your bonus shot of Flower Child and their peace bunny mural (drive by) Today.   Still love the Railyard and Dimensional Funds buildings. 

IMG_0543.JPG

IMG_0544.JPG

IMG_0545.JPG

IMG_0546.JPG

IMG_0547.JPG

I'm jealous for whoever gets to live and work in that building. That's a commute that cannot be beat!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, archiham04 said:

This is basically the facade that had been originally proposed at atherton.

Atherton has actually started to look much nicer as they've started cleaning it up and finishing things.

20 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Atherton has actually started to look much nicer as they've started cleaning it up and finishing things.

The South Blvd. side looks decent until you hit the parking lot. The back seems to have no association to the mill whatsoever 

• Like 3