The RailYard SouthEnd

CLTProductions

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

700,000?! That would be top 10 buildings in size for Charlotte and even if they mean filling both Bland St. sites that would have to be  over 20 stories for each building ! I won’t speculate but if they go for any discernible “tower” look then it would have to at least beat the record for tallest in South End at 30-35 stories! South end is getting some height!

10 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Oh Southend will be getting more height for sure I have seen a 28 story proposed in Southend.   This  new Bland St South Tryon site has a South Tryon address too which could be attractive to a banking tenant lets say that might be pushed out of the Truist tower.   Cousins might say "Watch US bank"  of course pure speculation on my part.  

I think all the banks are going to want their employees on site once a Covid Vaccine is widely distributed. At the same time there is definitely going to be a push for larger working spaces, and most of the big banks are out of space in their towers. Moody's is going to need a space with over 200 employees working in the region now. I could see the Banks expand into Southend. There are a few office buildings going up on Spec in Southend right now, which leads me to believe the developers are getting enough positive feedback to start building, especially from local partners. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

I think all the banks are going to want their employees on site once a Covid Vaccine is widely distributed. At the same time there is definitely going to be a push for larger working spaces, and most of the big banks are out of space in their towers. Moody's is going to need a space with over 200 employees working in the region now. I could see the Banks expand into Southend. There are a few office buildings going up on Spec in Southend right now, which leads me to believe the developers are getting enough positive feedback to start building, especially from local partners. 

Ambivalent.  Uptown needs more action.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2020 at 7:53 AM, Blue_Devil said:

There will be some that return sooner, but outside of traders and certain personnel that needs to be onsite (and has already been working from the office) I've heard the opposite. Certain very large banks have already pushed plans out into Q3/4 for large returns of employees at the earliest.. 

5 hours ago, JHart said:

There will be some that return sooner, but outside of traders and certain personnel that needs to be onsite (and has already been working from the office) I've heard the opposite. Certain very large banks have already pushed plans out into Q3/4 for large returns of employees at the earliest.. 

I mean, the big bank I work for has been talking baout moving employees back as soon as they can safely, and all employees... :dontknow: I am hearing that from a fairly high level. 

• Like 1