I am unsure when the Hampton/Tru will break ground now. It may be on hold for a while, but who knows. It is going to be hard to say what gets put on hold until the full scope of COVID is realized. There is an article in the NBJ about business air travel that says it may now be 7 years for that segment to recover. Business travel is directly related to hotels and that they were saying may take at least two years now to get back to pre-COVID ADR levels.

So I am sure these hotel developers are looking at these numbers and may be waiting until they get their loan before starting. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Gawd!! That thing is just horrible. And in a city that has far more utility poles than it ought to have.  Why not move the Battle of Nashville monument to that spot? It would have been a lot less expensive. 

The Battle of Nashville “Peace Monument” Is located on property that was a part of the actual battlefield. The location was chosen by the Tennessee Historical Commission, which owns the monument. I think it is appropriately placed to honor the sacrifices made by the people of both the North and the South in the bloody, brutal war. 

• Thanks 2

In this age of monuments being destroyed, probably better that it stay hidden in the shadows of i440

think it’s too much to ask the city to do some landscape maintenance on stix? On second thought, may look better with all the plants grown wildly and tall enough to camouflage the telephone poles.

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2