Thanks @LA_TN for that refresher on the process.   I think I knew parts of that at the time, but not the whole story.      Agree lots of lessons to be learned.    The biggest takeaway is that for a prominent downtown location (or arguably for any city-owned property), the Metro Arts Commission should retain approval rights over the final design, and any changes to the design.    Why would you ever give an artist a pot of money and carte blanche to place whatever they want in such a location?      

btw, your description of the unanticipated physics and downsizing brings to mind the classic Stonehenge scene 

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, steelkid247 said:

apologies if i missed this, but does this building have a name/website yet?  curious if they have started advertising units and would love to find out more about their amenities 

The actual name is 805 Lea, but I haven't been able to locate an official website yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1