49 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

I think this will be a great looking building, but a lot of people might be upset the dark facade was replaced.

Point being, I think an architect will see the potential for a black facade fitting in well in Nashville's urban core. 

I thought the same, but I was really underwhelmed by 1200 Broadway. From some angles (especially the flat side facing I-40), it just looks like a big black box.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nashvylle said:

I think this will be a great looking building, but a lot of people might be upset the dark facade was replaced.

Point being, I think an architect will see the potential for a black facade fitting in well in Nashville's urban core. 

So what color will the final facade be?  I was really hoping it'd be black too myself, but sounds like it won't be that?

11 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

So what color will the final facade be?  I was really hoping it'd be black too myself, but sounds like it won't be that?

Also I believe we will be seeing a "column of color" at the corner closest to the you in the image below

805 Lea, April 25, 2021, 4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

I appreciate architects and builders trying to make their “boxes” look more interesting with different window styles…but in the end I want to scream, “JUST PUT A CROWN ON IT AND STOP BEING ALL FANCY-SCHMANCY!” :lol:

Lolol... its either the abstract windows or the rooftop skateboard ramps!

• Haha 3

I sure can't figure out what's going on with the exterior of this building, it still has this weird patchwork of mismatched colors and patterns that doesn't seem to be progressing towards a finished appearance and I never see work crews on any of the photos trying to finish it off.  This question has been brought up several times before by myself and others but it looks just like it did a few weeks ago which seems very strange!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MontanaGuy said:

I sure can't figure out what's going on with the exterior of this building, it still has this weird patchwork of mismatched colors and patterns that doesn't seem to be progressing towards a finished appearance and I never see work crews on any of the photos trying to finish it off.  This question has been brought up several times before by myself and others but it looks just like it did a few weeks ago which seems very strange!

I see this building all day and all night from my condo in The Gulch (I usually sleep at night but, if I'm awake, there it is).  You are right.  I haven't seen crews working on the exterior for a few weeks.  I haven't tried to figure out where the work is being done but it's not on the exterior.

The exterior on the Greystar Gulch building is getting attention every day.

Edited by Mr_Bond
  • Like 3

On 5/13/2021 at 8:52 PM, MontanaGuy said:

100% agree with this mystery.  I'm one of those of which you made mention.  Hope it hasn't stalled...

• Like 1