IMO,  this one is not a plus add.  I will reserve judgement on the cladding until it's finished.  Yet it's not looking so hot.  Ultimately for me, this one lost pizazz as soon as it was shortened from the original render height.  My primitive brain thinks that perhaps the finish would look better if it had more vertical canvas to cover.  Hard to change one significant part of the plan without that change impacting other parts.  The best compliment I can give it right now is I like it better than the Westin.  :unsure:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nashville born said:

IMO,  this one is not a plus add.  I will reserve judgement on the cladding until it's finished.  Yet it's not looking so hot.  Ultimately for me, this one lost pizazz as soon as it was shortened from the original render height.  My primitive brain thinks that perhaps the finish would look better if it had more vertical canvas to cover.  Hard to change one significant part of the plan without that change impacting other parts.  The best compliment I can give it right now is I like it better than the Westin.  :unsure:

Between this one and Centric…I feel like architects / developers are trying too hard to come up with a way to spice-up the “boxes” they are building.  Street grids and hole-punch metal garage covers on Centric…when it would have looked better just being all-glass…sleek and well designed.  Same goes for this one.

At least with the windows on Embassy Suites, it’s just on a couple of sides and it seems to compliment the overall design.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Between this one and Centric…I feel like architects / developers are trying too hard to come up with a way to spice-up the “boxes” they are building.  Street grids and hole-punch metal garage covers on Centric…when it would have looked better just being all-glass…sleek and well designed.  Same goes for this one.

At least with the windows on Embassy Suites, it’s just on a couple of sides and it seems to compliment the overall design.

Early in the twentieth century we were building masterpieces like the Empire State Building.  Ninety years later, with all the technological advancements, all we can muster is a box.????

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, titanhog said:

I feel exactly the same way and it seems like there's a danger of going overboard with something that's going to be trendy for awhile but could end up looking like an orange shag carpet in a few years.  It's interesting to take a fresh look at buildings that seem very dated when they're only twenty five years old and compare them with buildings such as the Chrysler Building which is much older but will always be a masterpiece of architecture and ask yourself what exactly is it that worked or didn't work with both buildings.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MontanaGuy said:

I feel exactly the same way and it seems like there's a danger of going overboard with something that's going to be trendy for awhile but could end up looking like an orange shag carpet in a few years.  It's interesting to take a fresh look at buildings that seem very dated when they're only twenty five years old and compare them with buildings such as the Chrysler Building which is much older but will always be a masterpiece of architecture and ask yourself what exactly is it that worked or didn't work with both buildings.

Yeah…as much as I appreciate them trying to think “outside the box” (no pun intended)…may as well go with sleek and timely rather than trying to come up with something trendy.  Look at the sleek glass of Asurion.  That building will still look nice 50 years from now.

• Like 2