30 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

Sooooo when will you be able to share these “carrots” with us? A wabbit gots to have his food!

I've passed along some of the info to someone "higher up" here who will hopefully be able to find out more in the new year.  If it happens, it will be great to have this exclusive brand in our city.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, titanhog said:

I've passed along some of the info to someone "higher up" here who will hopefully be able to find out more in the new year.  If it happens, it will be great to have this exclusive brand in our city.

Ooooooh is Nashville finally getting a 7/11??  

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, TNinVB said:

I forgot about 7-Eleven. I thought they had already moved to the location on Broadway. It'll be nice to see 7-Eleven when I come to visit. There are literally on every corner here in Hampton Roads. Now if WaWa would expand to the West. Wawa is the best!!

Get me a WaWa and a HyVee grocery store and I'd be happy as a clam.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PruneTracy said:

Wow, everything is bigger in Texas.

And the image above is one of their ordinary stores. They also have the world’s record largest convenience  store as described below:

The Buc-ee’s World’s Largest Store (located at 2760 N. Interstate 35 Frontage Rd. in New Braunfels) was not the first Buc-ee’s convenience store. Buc-ee’s was founded by Arch “Beaver” Aplin and Don Wasek when they opened their first Buc-ee’s convenience store in Lake Jackson, Texas. The concept behind this first location was cheap ice cream and clean restrooms. The formula was popular with customers, so the Buc-ee’s chain slowly expanded, along with the concept itself and, obviously, the size of its stores.

The New Braunfels world’s largest Buc-ee’s opened on May 7, 2012.

Besides having the world’s largest designation, the New Braunfels Buc-ee’s has also been recognized as having the World’s Cleanest Restrooms by Cintas business supply company. This would be a notable accomplishment for any convenience store, but particularly for this Buc-ee’s location, which has 83 restroom stalls to keep clean 24/7.

Much more than a retail space attached to gas station pumps, the “convenience” features of the world’s largest Buc-ee’s convenience store in New Braunfels, Texas, include:

• 60 gas pumps
  • 67,000 square-foot convenience store
  • 18 acres site
  • 250 employees
  • 1,000 parking spaces
  • 24/7 availability
  • 31 cash registers
  • 4 Icee machines
  • 80 soda fountain dispensers
  • Gourmet foods
  • Locally made sauces
  • Gifts
  • Fudge counter
  • Buc-cee's Beaver branded merchandise
  • Wide selection of freshly made jerky meats including turkey jerky, bohemian garlick jerky, sweet and spicy jerky
  • "Wall of Candy" with a wide selection of candy, fruits, and nuts
  • Baked goods
  • Tubing and water gear for the Guadalupe River
  • Fruit and produce farmer's market
  • Seasonal merchandise
  • Full-size deli counter
  • BBQ pit in the middle of the store cooking and serving pulled pork and barbecue beef and brisket sandwiches
  • A wide selection of toys, jewelry, household decor, cookbooks, religious items, animal feeders, beachwear, artwork, and hunting paraphernalia
  • Full-time attendant dedicated to keeping restrooms clean

Buc-ee's was voted the "Best Restroom in America" by B2B supply company Cintas in 2012.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Agreed... so like, Texans just hang out at Truck Stops now?  

Buc-ee’s is NOT a truck stop. But wherever you travel in Texas, solo or with a car load of friends or family, you WANT to stop at Buc-ee’s! Yes, their restrooms are the cleanest in the nation-that alone merits a stop when driving across the big, beautiful state of Texas.

I'll just be happy when 7-11 finally returns and when WaWa comes to town.  7-11 bought a couple of Exxons in Cookeville which have been selling 7-11 products now for several months but one of the managers said it could be a couple of years before the stores are completely revamped as bonafide 7-11 stores.