3 hours ago, henburg said:

Shorter or not, I like the look of this one better. The facade looks more detailed and interesting.

I agree.

1 hour ago, mattbhadley said:

Agreed about the flat roof! 

Not gonna lie, I gave this a 2% chance of happening when it was first announced so glad to see some movement 

Seems like 33 of Nashville’s 31 proposals are getting built.

• Like 2

Seems like this location becomes about 10 times more attractive if the pedestrian bridge gets built. Anybody hear anything on that lately?

Also, it'll be interesting to see if they stick to the plan of less than one parking spot per unit. Seems to be more popular lately (LC SoBro, etc.) and it speaks to the question that comes up so often about whether it's possible to get around Nashville without a car. Apparently it is for some. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, chris holman said:

Screenshot_2018-12-19-11-16-17.png

Thanks for posting the larger rendering. I couldn't find one at the time. But in the process I went to Hastings' site and really like their portfolio. On this particular building, I like the way the design teases your eyes with the singular floors at the left (taller) portion and then the groups of two floors (not just vertically but) horizontally with the different widths of the openings in the 'steel' veneer. OK, all you architects! Did I sound even remotely like I knew anything about architecture?  (Because I DON'T :whistling: ). 

• Like 2

On 12/16/2018 at 2:01 PM, donNdonelson2 said:

And the image above is one of their ordinary stores. They also have the world’s record largest convenience  store as described below:

The Buc-ee’s World’s Largest Store (located at 2760 N. Interstate 35 Frontage Rd. in New Braunfels) was not the first Buc-ee’s convenience store. Buc-ee’s was founded by Arch “Beaver” Aplin and Don Wasek when they opened their first Buc-ee’s convenience store in Lake Jackson, Texas. The concept behind this first location was cheap ice cream and clean restrooms. The formula was popular with customers, so the Buc-ee’s chain slowly expanded, along with the concept itself and, obviously, the size of its stores.

The New Braunfels world’s largest Buc-ee’s opened on May 7, 2012.

Besides having the world’s largest designation, the New Braunfels Buc-ee’s has also been recognized as having the World’s Cleanest Restrooms by Cintas business supply company. This would be a notable accomplishment for any convenience store, but particularly for this Buc-ee’s location, which has 83 restroom stalls to keep clean 24/7.

Much more than a retail space attached to gas station pumps, the “convenience” features of the world’s largest Buc-ee’s convenience store in New Braunfels, Texas, include:

• 60 gas pumps
  • 67,000 square-foot convenience store
  • 18 acres site
  • 250 employees
  • 1,000 parking spaces
  • 24/7 availability
  • 31 cash registers
  • 4 Icee machines
  • 80 soda fountain dispensers
  • Gourmet foods
  • Locally made sauces
  • Gifts
  • Fudge counter
  • Buc-cee's Beaver branded merchandise
  • Wide selection of freshly made jerky meats including turkey jerky, bohemian garlick jerky, sweet and spicy jerky
  • "Wall of Candy" with a wide selection of candy, fruits, and nuts
  • Baked goods
  • Tubing and water gear for the Guadalupe River
  • Fruit and produce farmer's market
  • Seasonal merchandise
  • Full-size deli counter
  • BBQ pit in the middle of the store cooking and serving pulled pork and barbecue beef and brisket sandwiches
  • A wide selection of toys, jewelry, household decor, cookbooks, religious items, animal feeders, beachwear, artwork, and hunting paraphernalia
  • Full-time attendant dedicated to keeping restrooms clean

Buc-ee's was voted the "Best Restroom in America" by B2B supply company Cintas in 2012.

let's not forget the 50+ ice machines and a full complement of RTIC coolers, cups, buckets, etc.  My wife tried to prepare me for this place upon moving to Texas, but I wasn't. It's quite a sight to see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, AronG said:

Also, it'll be interesting to see if they stick to the plan of less than one parking spot per unit. Seems to be more popular lately (LC SoBro, etc.) and it speaks to the question that comes up so often about whether it's possible to get around Nashville without a car. Apparently it is for some. 

I really hope they do! So many of these buildings oversize their garages is it is truly a gigantic waste

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...