I like it. It's not the usual box... or even box-on-pedestal design. Looks also like they incorporate a brick facade of an existing building along 8th Avenue. And the portion of the podium running along Lea looks like it's at an angle. And there's some variation to the balconies, such that they're not all the same patter for 30 floors up. 

• Like 4

Is that property that Tony G owns near this big enough for him to go for a new tallest? With the hotels nearby, the KVB office building and this project, a super tall on that property would rise out of an actual skyline, instead of looking weird surrounded by a bunch of 3 story paint shops. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, e-dub said:

wow, we're getting development souther and souther!

(yes, i know souther isn't a word, but i like it.)

Actually, it is a word, and it means almost how you used it, except it's a verb and not an adjective:  "to turn, veer, or shift to the south"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/souther

:)

Edited by jmtunafish
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Pdt2f said:

Is that property that Tony G owns near this big enough for him to go for a new tallest? With the hotels nearby, the KVB office building and this project, a super tall on that property would rise out of an actual skyline, instead of looking weird surrounded by a bunch of 3 story paint shops. 

I    wonder if Tony has anything else planned or if he's going to ride off into the sunset with 505 as his legacy?

All of this goes to Metro Development and Design Review Committee today, to seek concept approval for the project.

There will be 2.5 levels of parking below grade, and 4 levels above (as part of the pedestal).

Tennessean's coverage:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/11/20/35-story-residential-retail-building-planned-near-sobro-roundabout/883464001/

NBJ's take (behind paywall):

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/11/20/first-look-35-story-tower-pops-up-near-westin.html

• Like 1

The team behind what would be a 35-story mixed high-rise proposed for a spot located near the Korean Veterans Boulevard Roundabout decided not to face the committee Tuesday. It will go before the body, instead, on Tuesday, Dec. 5.  Documents submitted to Metro do not list a developer and the identification of that entity was not disclosed Tuesday:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20983647/mdha-oks-40story-tower-overlooking-river

I could be 100% wrong on this, but I have the feeling this isn't a realistic proposal. 

I tend to agree. The project is a residential tower that isn’t fronting a major street. There is a property between it and 8th Avenue. I have also heard through the grapevine that the Sobro isn’t doing well at all. That may make it harder for others to do a tower that isn’t on super prime property.

20 minutes ago, DeemonBruhn said:

I tend to agree. The project is a residential tower that isn’t fronting a major street. There is a property between it and 8th Avenue. I have also heard through the grapevine that the Sobro isn’t doing well at all. That may make it harder for others to do a tower that isn’t on super prime property.

Can anyone else confirm The Sobro is not doing well? 

• Like 1