^ ^ ^ For those unable to  read behind the NBJ paywall, the article states that the building will now be 31 stories instead of 35--but I wonder if they were not counting the 4 level garage pedestal.  The group of 4 New Orleans investors paid $17.6 million for the land, which now brings their total connected holdings in that neighborhood to 2.8 acres, worth a total of $31 million.  No dates mentioned on intended groundbreaking, no new renderings, etc.

Also more behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21011882/sobro-land-eyed-for-tower-sells-for-81m

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Like all other towers it gets reduced. It should be done like this. propose a 100 story tower and then reduce it to 50, and that will satisfy everyone on the board.

Actually, THAT would piss everyone off, too.     How about propose 25 stories, then increase to 31!   

4 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Here is the quote from the article...."The tower was originally planned to be 35 stories but is now 31, said Joe Saatkamp, the firm's president and founder."

Like all other towers it gets reduced. It should be done like this. propose a 100 story tower and then reduce it to 50, and that will satisfy everyone on the board.

Maybe developers should just start announcing their heights in meters and hope nobody notices. "500 huh...well, it's shorter than some of the other buildings... ok, you can do it". 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, markhollin said:

A few:

- Marriott TriBrand I believe is several stories taller than the original (I think it was 19, and now is 21).

- Hensler tower on Trolly Barn site was originally rendered at 20, and is now 26.

- McMillan  & Church was initially planned as two buildings of 8 & 5...now designed as 12 & 7.

- AEG's boutique hotel was originally rendered at 17 stories, but the recently announced it is going to be larger (no new rendering yet).

- And, technically, we are going to see more height at Broadwest.  The two new towers will be taller than the original 2 that were designed when it was going to be West End Summit.

The Embassy-Curio also increased in height.

But in all fairness, only one of these projects have actually come to fruition.

Edited by urbanplanet17
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, titanhog said:

All it would take is for each of us on UP to book a room at the Westin each week and place some type of reflective window coating on our room's windows.  Within a few years, we'd have those windows looking WAY better. :D

I couldn’t agree with you more. Look at the world of difference with the JW Marriott. The curtains are visible but not as in your face and giving off a 27 story 1960’s Motel 6 vibe. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MetroTN said:

Am I the only one here that likes the Westin Hotel?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I like it, despite the clear glass.  It still looks better IMO than tall buildings with framed windows which I don't like at all.  The rooftop looks awesome (never been there, but the pics are amazing) and the diamond pattern which only emerges when seen from a distance is a cool and subtle effect.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MetroTN said:

Likely not, but the people who don't like it make sure to post about it at every single opportunity. Same with Stix.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MetroTN said:

I like it at night. It offers a lot of rooftop color that really shows up in the skyline from the south and west. 

• Like 3