To clarify, I don’t hate it either. I do however prefer it at night. I like the lighting and the roof top fish tank pool is unique. I just think it would have been a lot better had the windows had a different glazing. At least it’s not an empty lot and I’m sure soon enough it’ll blend in with the mix of buildings going up around it. I’m still in awe at how much that area is changing, and hope that when the pedestrian bridge is built, it will spur even more development.

Edited by TNinVB
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

What is the usual period of time from core drillings to breaking ground?  Seems like 6-9 months comes to mind.

6 months - never. But normally 1 year, minimum, it seems... 

8 hours ago, markhollin said:

A bit more info on the project:

31 stories, 370' tall
Start 2019
Complete 2020

I don't believe the 2020 completion 

8 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

... Although, I saw a video of a 57-story building built in 19 days in China.

Hold my beer! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nativetenn said:

You've only got to wonder how structurally unsafe that thing is. China ain't exactly known for making safety its first priority

I think the building was prefabbed to reduce construction cost. Months ago someone on this board posted a wonderful little video about economical construction - finding the right height based upon the individual city (property values, localized construction costs, etc) to maximize the amount of residential units/square footage at the lowest cost per unit/sq ft, and it had a section about prefabbing buildings in China.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, wreynol4 said:

I just don't think there is anyway that building this fast can still make it safe, imo.  I know we are behind the times here in America in terms of pre-fab, built off site pieces then brought to the site, but this just seems way to much, way to fast.

But isn't "15 days" a bit of a lie on their part?  Surely it took a long time to build those pre-fab pieces.  They're actually saying it took 15 days to build this building...when it was actually just 15 days to snap everything into place (figure of speech).  Correct?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...