Just Wow

spenser1058

I've been on  vacation.  Went on a 20 mile backpacking/canoe trip along the Withlacoochee river and a couple of days mountain biking and camping in the woods in Croom/Ross Prairie area.  Wheather is finally nice right now!    Great camping/backpacking weather. (The water is a little cold for a canoe trip so no swimming, lol). 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dcluley98 said:

I've been on  vacation.  Went on a 20 mile backpacking/canoe trip along the Withlacoochee river and a couple of days mountain biking and camping in the woods in Croom/Ross Prairie area.  Wheather is finally nice right now!    Great camping/backpacking weather. (The water is a little cold for a canoe trip so no swimming, lol). 

Sounds nice... the Withlacoocee is another of those FL rivers that flows north. Don't tell the people on the St John's- they think they're special.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 8:17 AM, spenser1058 said:

My heavens it’s dead in here this weekend. Everyone must be out Early Voting!

I think this forum is slow right now because there aren't any particularly exciting projects being built DT at the moment. Hopefully one or more of the several good proposed/approved projects will break ground soon.

• Like 2

Yes, it does flow north.   We left the truck  down South at river junction and hiked down to it, then paddled back up. 

Fun trip. . . 

The Suwannee floats North in some areas. The Suwannee and Withlacoochee are some of the most scenic rivers in the state. I like the Suwannee cliffs section the most. 

Edited by dcluley98

11 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

Yes, it does flow north.   We left the truck  down South at river junction and hiked down to it, then paddled back up. 

Fun trip. . . 

The Suwannee floats North in some areas. The Suwannee and Withlacoochee are some of the most scenic rivers in the state. I like the Suwannee cliffs section the most. 

Why does the St Johns flow north? Because Georgia s***s! Go Gators!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The heart was in the right place, but maybe this wasn't a good idea...

"It just didn’t work out:’ Orlando leaders learn lesson after big Halloween crowds- Health officials concerned about post-Halloween COVID-19 spike similar to Memorial Day

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/11/02/it-just-didnt-work-out-orlando-leaders-learn-lesson-after-big-halloween-crowds/

Happy Election Day! Polls open 7am-7pm across Central Florida. Head over to Local and Florida Politics for handy dandy tips.

Today’s your chance (if you’re not one of the almost 100 million Americans who already early voted this time) to fulfill your duty as a citizen and renew the promise of our Republic for another couple of years.

A woman said to a wizened delegate leaving Independence Hall in Philadelphia said in 1787, “What is it, Dr. Franklin?” His reply, “A republic, madame, if you can keep it.” Today’s the last chance to do just that this year.

Edited by spenser1058

The City is rolling out their new "Future- Ready" Smart City strategy. "Several “foundational elements” underpin the plan, including transparency, collaboration, security, resilience and prosperity for all. The strategy has then been organised into seven pillars: connectivity, energy, health and safety, materials, mobility, placemaking and water." "actionable short-term strategies, which are all budgeted for, Hess said, include developing a digital twin, implementing an integrated public alert and warning system, installing more smart IoT systems into buildings, and setting up a food recovery network. Orlando will also explore urban air mobility and the operation of electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) city taxis."

https://cities-today.com/orlando-gets-future-ready-with-its-first-smart-city-strategy/

Plan here- https://vmr.vhb.com/v/e0jDEBAKqr9

OBJ article- https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2020/11/03/orlando-gets-back-to-work-on-future-ready-plan-aft.html

Orlando home sales spike 25% in October; buyers ‘shocked at how fast things are getting snapped up’

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/real-estate/os-bz-orlando-real-estate-market-20201116-zxitexaczrf2bjzbtx2ptl7twi-story.html#rt=chartbeat-flt

It certainly seems to have been a seller's market over the past few months... I wonder how long this is going to last?