Just Wow

spenser1058

I’m pleased to report that I’ve been engaged to do some oppo research and polling work for the 2023 Orlando mayoral/council elections so I’ll be returning to my hometown full time after Nov 15. 

If things work out as planned, I’m looking forward to voters in the city having real choices in 2023 so we can get the City Beautiful moving in the right direction again. Citizens First!

29 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

I’m pleased to report that I’ve been engaged to do some oppo research and polling work for the 2023 Orlando mayoral/council elections so I’ll be returning to my hometown full time after Nov 15. 

If things work out as planned, I’m looking forward to voters in the city having real choices in 2023 so we can get the City Beautiful moving in the right direction again. Citizens First!

Trump would be proud.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

BUDDY DYER HE'S OUR MAN!!!

animated-cheerleader-image-0031.gif

IF HE CAN'T DO IT, NO ONE CAN!!!

source.gif

Go Buu - ddy!!!  Go Buu - ddy!!!  

Go Buu  ddy!!!  Go Buu - ddy!!!

FOUR MORE YEARS!!!! FOUR MORE YEARS!!!! FOUR MORE YEARS!!!! 

:yahoo:

:rofl:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Oh I get it.....

Earl K. Wood was very elderly, so you're making an agist joke about me.

Never woulda thought you'd be so unwoke

As to make such an unwoke, agist joke. 

;)  

Actually, no. It’s about those who encourage folks to stay in office too long. It’s fine to get older (it beats the alternative and I’m no spring chicken myself) but it’s vital not to stay too long in one role before things get stale. New challenges! I’m pleased the Sentinel’s most recent council endorsements pretty much agree with me (if Robert Stuart’s stayed too long, I can’t wait to see what they’ll say about Buddy and Patty in two years).

Edited by spenser1058

1 minute ago, spenser1058 said:

Actually, no. It’s about those who encourage folks to stay in office too long. It’s fine to get older (it beats the alternative and I’m no spring chicken myself) but it’s vital not to stay too long in one role before things get stale. New challenges!

Buddy will be reelected yet again.

He is unstoppable. :thumbsup:

43 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Why?

Has he given any indications that he wants/plans to?

j/c 

He decided not to try and outlast QEII?

Plus, he’ll be in good shape to double dip with his pension and benefits from the FL Senate (1992-2002) and 20+ years as mayor…

Edited by spenser1058

3 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

He decided not to try and outlast QEII?

Plus, he’ll be in good shape to double dip with his pension and benefits from the FL Senate (1992-2002) and 20+ years as mayor…

I get the impression he enjoys being the Mayor of Orlando.

But it is entertaining to ponder other possibilities.....

Can you say President Dyer?  :D 

• Haha 1

Well, the men from Murfreesboro put quite a hurt on @orange87’s Huskies tonight. 44 - 13 was the final and UCONN goes to 1-8… just a couple more weeks ‘til the next Civil ConFLiCT. 

Hoops season can’t come to the Nutmeg State fast enough!

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1

While the city of Orlando is on a mission to replace canopy trees with palms, the National conversation about said trees is being discussed: 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/23/weather/weather-trees-adapt-climate-change/index.html

The benefit (or lack thereof) of palms is well established. Why then, is Orlando recently hell bent on using this non-native species downtown?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Let’s hear it for Stetson who got the win after Drake had to forfeit due to COVID issues.

GO HATTERS!

Do the buildings at Stetson have visors or do they require full hats?

My sister in law goes to Stetson. She's trying to decide where to go after she graduates for Med School. She's considering going to UConn School of Medicine to get out of Florida. My wife who has a Master's Degree in Criminal Justice from UCF is currently an Administrative Law Judge and considering getting a JD at UConn School of Law to further her career. I'm surrounded by super smart women.

• Like 1

Just now, orange87 said:

My sister in law goes to Stetson. She's trying to decide where to go after she graduates for Med School. She's considering going to UConn School of Medicine to get out of Florida. My wife who has a Master's Degree in Criminal Justice from UCF is currently an Administrative Law Judge and considering getting a JD at UConn School of Law to further her career. I'm surrounded by super smart women.

Wow!

• Like 1