Just Wow

spenser1058

My pepper grinder is on its last spin and while reading the Times they helpfully had a column on the best one. Even better, it’s on sale at Amazon!

The fun part, though, is that it’s made by Peugeot, the French automaker.  I like that. In the ‘80’s, my parents had a 505 diesel. It had the most comfortable seats I’ve ever encountered in a compact car and the traditional style was perfect in my mega-preppy days.

I miss that Wall Street has forced most of America’s companies to spin off all but one or two products. Once upon a time, GE made just about any product that had an electric plug. Ford owned Philco who made transistor radios and GM owned Frigidaire. Sears, of course, sold complete houses and the insurance to go with them. My dad once had an Allstate motorcycle.

Oh well, I’ll let you know if my new pepper grinder tries to pop a wheelie or something…

An interesting interview on The State of Orlando Sports with FM 96.9 The Game and Voice of The UCF Knights Marc Daniels and Orlando Sentinel columnist Scott Maxwell:

https://969thegame.iheart.com/featured/beat-of-sports/content/2021-12-30-the-state-of-orlando-sports/

They cover it all - the Magic, the MEC, Orlando City, UCF Football and MBB plus the latest on sports betting including a complete 180 by The Mouse. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cities with the most green space... Orlando was the highest ranked city in Florida, coming in #28 nationwide. Our bid was buoyed by Lake Eola with the beautiful "9-mile sidewalk circling the water"... yes, that would certainly be a sight to behold albeit exhausting to walk.

https://stacker.com/stories/3343/cities-most-green-space-capita

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, AmIReal said:

Cities with the most green space... Orlando was the highest ranked city in Florida, coming in #28 nationwide. Our bid was buoyed by Lake Eola with the beautiful "9-mile sidewalk circling the water"... yes, that would certainly be a sight to behold albeit exhausting to walk.

So they mentioned Lake Eola's "9-mile sidewalk"....

Screenshot-20220110-201318.jpg

But made no mention whatsoever of the monorail!!!!  

1 minute ago, JFW657 said:

So they mentioned Lake Eola's "9-mile sidewalk"....

Screenshot-20220110-201318.jpg

But made no mention whatsoever of the monorail!!!!  

OMG - please make it stop. That’s the worst misrepresentation since they put “Orlando” on the cover of Time and the pic was of Dinosaur Gertie at MGM.

Please ask yourself - why do they never do cover stories of Nashville featuring a pic of The Opryland Hotel? Is this really what you want us to be?

13 hours ago, AmIReal said:

So they are off by a factor of 9. Great journalism.  

It’s gotten quiet again so I’ll sing:   “And when I die won’t you bury me in the parking lot of  the A&P….”

”Blow out the candle, turn out the lamp, and light my pyre with your trading stamps*.” 

-From “Breaking Away”

*If you don’t know what trading stamps were, please ask.

Edited by spenser1058

@orange87, I note some parts of coastal CT are expecting gale-force winds. I don’t know if you’re close to the coast but stay safe nevertheless.

Meanwhile, I’m amazed @uncreativeusername could survive winter in Chicago after living in Orlando. I lived in Nashville for four years and couldn’t wait to move back to the warmth. You are a better man (or woman) than I! I love Chicago in the summer but wouldn’t even think about it much after Labor Day.

• Like 1