Just Wow

spenser1058

St Pete Mayor Ken Welch is seeking to use USDOT grants for “Reconnecting Communities “ at the Trop Site:

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/536660-st-pete-to-seek-historic-federal-funding-in-hopes-of-reconnecting-communities/

From Florida Politics 

C’mon, Secretary Mayor Pete, help him out -St. Pete’s where the cool kids stay these days!

20PETE24 if Joe decides not to run!

In these darkest of times, it’s good to remember that the country has represented the best of us before and this too shall pass. We do have to work at it, though, so make sure you’re registered to vote and go to vote no matter how hard the evildoers try to make it for you. Volunteer to make calls for candidates who aren’t on the Dark Side of the Force (locally, we have plenty like Anna Eskamani, Val and Jerry Demings and Carlos G. Smith). If you can, make a small contribution to candidates who represent your values (a lot of little donations add up quickly).

As Billy Joel pointed out, “We didn’t start the fire”.  American citizens have survived worse and we can overcome this as well.

Margaret Renkl, a Nashville columnist who’s one of my favorites, sums it up very well:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/02/opinion/american-flag-liberals.html?referringSource=articleShare

From The New York Times 

Most importantly, never give up hope. The good always triumphs over evil, no matter how long it takes. No one ever said freedom was easy.

Happy Independence Day!

I’m so happy I’m one of Bullseye’s Boys now. Not only is my conscience clearer but my latest Target Circle deal is a $15 Circle Reward if I spend $45 three times by July 20. Needless to say, I can hit that one out of the park - after all, it’s almost time to buy a big box of Tide!

27 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

I’m so happy I’m one of Bullseye’s Boys now. Not only is my conscience clearer but my latest Target Circle deal is a $15 Circle Reward if I spend $45 three times by July 20. Needless to say, I can hit that one out of the park - after all, it’s almost time to buy a big box of Tide!

I love Target! I go there often even when I don't need anything just to walk around.

• Like 1

The elephant in the room that neither the Democrats nor Republicans do not talk about is the National Debt which is 30.55 Trillion as of today.

We are running record deficits year after year regardless of party,  non-stop money printing (Federal Reserve) which has led to record inflation and erosion of the middle class.

https://mises.org/wire/rising-interest-rates-may-blow-federal-budget?fbclid=IwAR2m4RqHJgu2Tw9zdxqMod0f4L_ze0fV0Ul1HGyajxJpkP49NSvvmXL51cw

47B128C6-8070-47AF-A706-E18547CED432.jpeg

9F452E42-AD62-4B12-AD14-11B04D59DB39.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 4:49 PM, idroveazamboni said:

The elephant in the room that neither the Democrats nor Republicans do not talk about is the National Debt which is 30.55 Trillion as of today.

We are running record deficits year after year regardless of party,  non-stop money printing (Federal Reserve) which has led to record inflation and erosion of the middle class.

https://mises.org/wire/rising-interest-rates-may-blow-federal-budget?fbclid=IwAR2m4RqHJgu2Tw9zdxqMod0f4L_ze0fV0Ul1HGyajxJpkP49NSvvmXL51cw

47B128C6-8070-47AF-A706-E18547CED432.jpeg

9F452E42-AD62-4B12-AD14-11B04D59DB39.jpeg

Thank you. As someone who tries to live as low-debt or debt-free as possible, this is pretty worrisome... not sure what the solution is, but how much longer can the system sustain itself?

• Like 1

Woohoo! Orlando has been named the sweatiest city in the country:

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/536812-hotlando-city-beautiful-named-sweatiest-town-in-america/

From Florida Politics

There’s bargains right now on deodorant at Target - Bullseye will have you fresh and sweet smelling in no time!

Edited by spenser1058

2 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

Thank you. As someone who tries to live as low-debt or debt-free as possible, this is pretty worrisome... not sure what the solution is, but how much longer can the system sustain itself?

We need to pass a balanced budget amendment, cut spending across the board on every government program (which will lead to a deep recession but we can't kick the can any longer), repeal the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 and adopt a Commodity-backed currency. In the last 22 years, over 25 Trillion of new debt has piled on. Both parties are more or less the same with a few minor differences. They are both fiscally worthless and making promises that they can’t pay for. 

Edited by idroveazamboni

2 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

If anyone did what the Federal Reserve does, we would be arrested for counterfeiting. 

https://mises.org/library/fiasco-fiat-money

33 minutes ago, idroveazamboni said:

We need to pass a balanced budget amendment, (unnecessary) cut spending across the board on every government program(not needed, just hit defense, Medicare and Medicaid)  (which will lead to a deep recession but we can't kick the can any longer), repeal the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 and adopt a Commodity-backed currency (the inflexibility would hamper us long term and neither are a major cause of reckless spending). In the last 22 years, over 25 Trillion of new debt has piled on. Both parties are more or less the same with a few minor differences. (the parties are a reflection of the voters) They are both fiscally worthless and making promises that they can’t pay for. 

Bring back the greatest fiscal deal in my lifetime, the 2011 Obama Boehner budget deal. It won't solve everything but it is a start. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, popsiclebrandon said:

The debt literally doesn't matter. The fed could wipe it out today with a keystroke and send us into a massive recession/depression if they wanted. Like holy crap these are some insane thoughts in this thread.

And plunge the world into a recession? What about individual debt owners? All of that debt is held by an entity. Some of it is the US government, other are foreign investors, US citizens, etc. 

• Thanks 1

@codypet, in Amy Drew Thompson’s Sentinel restaurant column today she notes that Theo told her when they opened in 1989, the place had been “a fried chicken joint”. 

Apparently, the chicken fryer had been left behind and he decided to sell fried chicken along with his Greek menu. It notes he uses peanut oil, which was also a signature ingredient for MFC. So , it looks like we were right.

Edited by spenser1058

If you’re keeping score at home, here’s how all these places have in common with each other:

“Six degrees of restaurant separation: One of Uncommon’s Curry Ford neighbors is Theo’s Kitchen, which moved to CFW from its original location on Michigan Street at Osceola Avenue, which was taken over by Mediterranean Blue until it closed recently. Now, the owners of Cavo’s Bar and Kitchen, Mark Cavallini and John Cavallini, are partnering with John Markaj to turn the Med Blue space into a pizzeria – all three were involved in Thornton Park’s Anthony’s Pizzaat one time or another. No dates, but we’ll hope it’s open before Nobu.”

From Scott J

And to think it all started with a Maryland Fried Chicken (which also begat a Bubbalous…)

Woohoo! Bok Tower Gardens is one of the non-profits Target Circle members can vote for Target to make contributions to right now. They’ve also had Zebra Coalition before. Given those are my two favorites (after UCF, of course), I am very happy. Charge On!

It seems the folks in Minneapolis understand me much better than the yahoos in Lakeland ever did. As a native Floridian, I find that sad.

Edited by spenser1058