Just Wow

spenser1058

19 hours ago, jrs2 said:

it's actually a brilliant deception and I would've done the same thing to get the same effect...Bravo Walt and your exclusive Club...Somehow I got on Cheetohead's text thing and I purposely left it active to track things.  This story came down yesterday around 6ish pm and the first text I got about it was this am.  If this was real He would have been screaming bloody murder immediately. 

I told you all before, it's k-fabe.  Does the FBI seriously think He would keep important documents there after "everything" he went through?  Common sense tells you that he wouldn't.  And for people to believe the media on this issue you have to be way more gullible than I even thought was possible.  Even the "wingnuts" are part of the deception.

And the timing of this is perfect too.   Man, the "veil" is really dark...sorry, guys, there's only so much I can do to "lift" it from your eyes...I can lift it, but you also have to "want" to see.  But too many of you need the veil, so, carry on...

No, he probably did. But he has the authority to declassify information. If he took them prior to the turnover, he could say he declassified them and the raid was unnecesary. 

13 minutes ago, jack said:

Remember, democrats winning college graduates is a recent phenomenon, I think Obama was the 1st democrat ever. And trump was the 1st republican to ever lose white college graduates. 

It depends on the discipline. <6% of scientists are registered as Republicans and it goes back a ways. Liberal arts majors were probably more likely Democrats going back to the 1968 “Big Swap” (aka the GOP’s Southern Strategy). Public school folks and government employees (take a look at voting in Leon and Alachua counties amidst the Ruby red panhandle), need we say more?

What has been much more recent (and surprising)  is we’re picking up more business majors and the like these days.

5 minutes ago, jack said:

No, he probably did. But he has the authority to declassify information. If he took them prior to the turnover, he could say he declassified them and the raid was unnecesary. 

You still have the problem of taking White House records, even if they’re not classified. That’s why we have presidential libraries certified by the National Archives, they ain’t just tourist attractions. 

Let’s also remember he was asked for much of this stuff back shortly after leaving office. Had he simply returned it, this would not have been necessary. Also, this was no “raid” - there was a valid search warrant signed by a judge and the FBI worked with the Secret Service unit that is at Mar-a-Lago.

Edited by spenser1058

4 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

@orange87, CT seemed to have a lot of uncontested primary races. You’re gonna have to run for something next time! <g>

Ned Lamont is actually doing an amazing job as governor. CT was in fiscal distress for decades, and in just a couple years he balanced CT's budget and now we've consistently had enormous surpluses. And he's done all of this without raising taxes even once and actually signed a huge tax cut into law. Imagine that, a liberal Democrat who cut taxes. I don't think I was even alive the last time CT cut its taxes. Lamont was a wealthy businessman from ritzy Greenwich and he did what failed businessman Trump was supposed to do, run the government like a business. His opponent is Bob Stefanowski who is a neocon type of Republican with a very unlikable personality.

Edited by orange87
  • Like 1

CT has grownups in the Senate, too, while we have one wingnut whose been lining his pockets for years (after his Medicare scam, even the Frists wanted nothing to do with him) and one who rarely shows up in the Senate and can’t figure out what he’s doing when he gets there (maybe he’s desperate for a drink of water).  Oh well, this too shall pass. Go, Val!

3 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

It depends on the discipline. <6% of scientists are registered as Republicans and it goes back a ways. Liberal arts majors were probably more likely Democrats going back to the 1968 “Big Swap” (aka the GOP’s Southern Strategy). Public school folks and government employees (take a look at voting in Leon and Alachua counties amidst the Ruby red panhandle), need we say more?

What has been much more recent (and surprising)  is we’re picking up more business majors and the like these days.

You still have the problem of taking White House records, even if they’re not classified. That’s why we have presidential libraries certified by the National Archives, they ain’t just tourist attractions. 

Let’s also remember he was asked for much of this stuff back shortly after leaving office. Had he simply returned it, this would not have been necessary. Also, this was no “raid” - there was a valid search warrant signed by a judge and the FBI worked with the Secret Service unit that is at Mar-a-Lago.

I am sure liberal arts majors swung towards democrats a lot earlier. But I don't think these new voters are true democrats. It reminds me of all the new Republican voter during the tea party area who were all just a mix of anti Obama and anti establishment. 

Valid search warrant is still a raid. And I hope they have more than looking for classified documents. 

Sorry, @orange87, but the Rays are BACK!

“The win snapped the Rays’ three-game losing streak, improved their record to 59-53, moved them back ahead of the Orioles (59-54) for the third American League wild-card spot as well as third place in the AL East. And it evened the season series with the Orioles at 9-9 heading into Sunday’s finale, which has the added significance of being the first tiebreaker if they finish with the same record and a playoff berth is in play.”

From The Sentinel 

A Wall Street builder (NASDAQ in this case) doing everything but standing behind the mess it created:

Sewage backups turn Howey-in-the-Hills home into a nightmare
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/real-estate/os-bz-howey-in-the-hills-dream-finders-home-sewage-20220818-3xa3kiqwhzenlpevodwisjw5ui-story.html

In a bright red town, no less! Welcome to the nightmare that is the Real Estate Industrial Complex.

On 8/18/2022 at 5:53 PM, spenser1058 said:

A Wall Street builder (NASDAQ in this case) doing everything but standing behind the mess it created:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/real-estate/os-bz-howey-in-the-hills-dream-finders-home-sewage-20220818-3xa3kiqwhzenlpevodwisjw5ui-story.html

In a bright red town, no less! Welcome to the nightmare that is the Real Estate Industrial Complex.

Ooof....they might've been better off with a septic system.  At least those repairs are generally one and done.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 5:53 PM, spenser1058 said:

You think small firms don't screw over their buyers. Thats why we have to yr latent defects. 

56 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Would the last exec to leave Red Lobster HQ please turn out the lights? Today it was the CFO - he lasted six months. I guess RL won’t be looking for more office space downtown any time soon…

The last time we went to the Red Lobster across from Fashion Square (a few months before the pandemic) it was just so sad in there.

• Sad 1

Woohoo! Life is good. Our Knights’ first game is Sep 1 AND the new Jesse Stone novel publishes Sep 6. Is this a great country or what*!?! It’ll be darn near perfect if Charlie wins…

*OK who remembers the George Nahas Oldsmobile jingle? That line was his…

I always felt badly for George. First, GM shut down Olds so he was franchiseless. Then they gave him a Saturn dealership and Saturn was shut down a couple of years later. Because Leesburg had dealers for the other GM brands, he finally got sent off to some teeny town like Wildwood and they gave him a Chevy dealership.

He may have retired by now but if not I hope The Villages is making Wildwood boom for George…

Edited by spenser1058

It’s awesome that Orlando’s three center-city high schools are ranked #3, 4 and 6* among the Sentinel’s Super 16 list of Central Florida teams and all three won their games last Friday night.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/highschool/football/os-sp-hs-super-16-high-school-football-rankings-20220829-ctxxxl2ngjfytdusvzd45ikoqm-story.html

* #3 Edgewater; #4 Jones and #6 Wadeview Park (aka Boone). Woohoo!

14 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Why do we celebrate Labor Day? So Grover Cleveland could own the left.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2022/09/05/labor-day-may-grover-cleveland/

From The Washington Post

Hapoy Labor Day as Gen Z begins a resurgence of labor organizing!

I love our country but we always have been, and will continue to be violent has hell. Must be in the water.