Just Wow

spenser1058

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

So now, in Trumper cult world, hurling lies and baseless accusations = merely making assertions.

Right-wing playbook:  keep spouting lie after lie after lie while accusing the other side of everything the right does, then cry innocent victim when they get roughed up a little in return.

And when the right-wing BS gets called what it is, and their own vituperation gets tossed right back at them, the transition from swaggering MAGA tough guys to....

Screenshot-20221025-140903-2.jpg

...is instantaneous.  

Cry me a river.  

All you do is finger point and name call.  And when the name "Trump" was first uttered by me I got a preschool bullet point list from , I don't know, The View, that you posted with so much vitriol and crazed excitement. So spare everybody the BS machine.  Your prior posts are still up for all to see.  You can't defend it.  And you can't defend the Left either, which goes to the motivation of everything they preach.  My authority (other than common sense and history), is summed up pretty well below by somebody that was actually paying attention as an activist to how Liberals were manipulating the Black community (and still do). 

I can't believe how much of a denier you still are.  Get out of your living room for once and talk to people and learn about what's going on in the US and world.  Deal with it:

14 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

All you do is finger point and name call.  And when the name "Trump" was first uttered by me I got a preschool bullet point list from , I don't know, The View, that you posted with so much vitriol and crazed excitement. So spare everybody the BS machine.  Your prior posts are still up for all to see.  You can't defend it.  And you can't defend the Left either, which goes to the motivation of everything they preach.  My authority (other than common sense and history), is summed up pretty well below by somebody that was actually paying attention as an activist to how Liberals were manipulating the Black community (and still do). 

I can't believe how much of a denier you still are.  Get out of your living room for once and talk to people and learn about what's going on in the US and world.  Deal with it:

Finger pointing and name calling.....

10 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

maybe we should try to find common ground at some point on these threads.  I think that would be very productive. 

Well I've already told you that I'm a centrist, and as such, I agree with the right on certain social issues.

You're going to have to bring yourself to believe me and accept that I'm not lying or misrepresenting myself, which is something I have no reason or desire to do.  

13 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Well I've already told you that I'm a centrist, and as such, I agree with the right on certain social issues.

You're going to have to bring yourself to believe me and accept that I'm not lying or misrepresenting myself, which is something I have no reason or desire to do.  

sounds like a plan.  politics and religion...two no no's for friendly coffee time discussions... 

I'll make a statement that sounds counter-intuitive:  On the subject of "religion,"  my stance is that God is real, but, I don't subscribe to the Church/ holly roller/ Religious Right control apparatus.  My priest once told me "you're a good person, but a lukewarm Christian." He tries to correlate conviction with attendance.  Not my problem.

23 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

sounds like a plan.  politics and religion...two no no's for friendly coffee time discussions... 

I'll make a statement that sounds counter-intuitive:  On the subject of "religion,"  my stance is that God is real, but, I don't subscribe to the Church/ holly roller/ Religious Right control apparatus.  My priest once told me "you're a good person, but a lukewarm Christian." He tries to correlate conviction with attendance.  Not my problem.

Sounds like you're an agnostic as am I.

I don't claim to know or believe any one particular version of creation or who or what "God" is, but I feel we were not just an accident of chemistry. 

Basically I just don't feel it's a sin to admit that humans have no way of knowing how we got here or that it's necessary to believe a particular version of events in order to go to heaven.

Whatever heaven is.

If there is a heaven.

Or to not be sent to hell.

Whatever hell is.

If there is a hell.

Etc., etc. 

Besides, it's more fun to speculate and conjure up my own scenarios of creation and what the reality of the universe might be.

Or multiverse.

Etc., etc. 

12 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I don't claim to know or believe any one particular version of creation or who or what "God" is, but I feel we were not just an accident of chemistry. 

Basically I just don't feel it's a sin to admit that humans have no way of knowing how we got here or that it's necessary to believe a particular version of events in order to go to heaven.

Whatever heaven is.

If there is a heaven.

Whatever hell is.

If there is a hell.

Etc., etc. 

Besides, it's more fun to speculate and conjure up my own scenarios of creation and what the reality of the universe might be.

Or multiverse.

Etc., etc. 

It was turtles all the way down! Personally, I’m sticking with John Wesley.

5 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

It was turtles all the way down! Personally, I’m sticking with John Wesley.

I'm sticking with John Wesley Harding

il_fullxfull.3698556906_2hjv.jpg

Great album.

Contains Dylan's original version of All Along The Watchtower, which Jimi Hendrix recorded and released before Dylan did. 

Also contains I'll Be Your Baby Tonight which also made it to the Greatest Hits Volume 2 album. 

Either that or....

hitchhikers-guide-to-galaxy-cover-image.

"Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea. "

Either or.

Both even.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Whatever heaven is.

If there is a heaven.

Whatever hell is.

If there is a hell.

Etc., etc. 

Or multiverse.

Etc., etc. 

Good points on a bunch of stuff you wrote.

Let's just say that I've spoken with Muslims that once trained to be priests.  they told me some stuff consistent with Judeo-Christian beliefs that you'll never hear on TV or from a holy roller about some of their core practices; there is a common thread between Christians, Muslims, and even Buddhists that deals with the subject of dispatching the enemy or what is referred to as "evil" or "dark energy" or similar.  Even Wiccans admit to dark energy.   And Muslims' core beliefs and certain practices (perhaps fringe) deal more with the guts of what I mentioned than mainstream Christianity does, when both should be on par with each other  and work together to achieve a common goal.  Included in that is functuay with the Buddhists.  What's funny is that no one ever researches what exactly functuay is intended to really accomplish. It is way more than a simple cultural interior design statement.

And there are overlapping dimensions; not "sure" about alternate realities, but definitely overlapping "layers" that we can't readily discern.  Maybe Jim Morrison could and did.  I should post an article from CERN; their stated goal was to harness anti-matter by opening a doorway to another dimension.  There are articles about that.    If alternate dimensions didn't exist, they wouldn't devote $$$trillions over 50 years to achieve that goal, right?

So I guess the point about my prior post has to do with a few things @JFW657. First it has to do with a commonality between seemingly different religions. Next it has to do with the existence of a corrupt religious power structure. Now, that religious practice is correlated scientifically with the stated purpose of a major hadron collider facility and institute in Switzerland,  which is part of a world network, including Fermi in Illinois.  Combine the two and you have material worthy of a season of Netflix' Stranger Things.  Religion & science; one corroborating the other? Unheard of.

Then, you introduce politics into the mix, which takes what I wrote (for example) and locks it away from the public eye by simply ignoring it; a tried and true method that works every time, which is a testament to the power of the media.  They then dictate what they want the public at large to focus on instead.

It happens every day.

14 hours ago, jrs2 said:

Let's just say that I've spoken with Muslims that once trained to be priests.  they told me some stuff consistent with Judeo-Christian beliefs that you'll never hear on TV or from a holy roller about some of their core practices; there is a common thread between Christians, Muslims, and even Buddhists that deals with the subject of dispatching the enemy or what is referred to as "evil" or "dark energy" or similar.  Even Wiccans admit to dark energy.   And Muslims' core beliefs and certain practices (perhaps fringe) deal more with the guts of what I mentioned than mainstream Christianity does, when both should be on par with each other  and work together to achieve a common goal.  Included in that is functuay with the Buddhists.  What's funny is that no one ever researches what exactly functuay is intended to really accomplish. It is way more than a simple cultural interior design statement.

And there are overlapping dimensions; not "sure" about alternate realities, but definitely overlapping "layers" that we can't readily discern.  Maybe Jim Morrison could and did.  I should post an article from CERN; their stated goal was to harness anti-matter by opening a doorway to another dimension.  There are articles about that.    If alternate dimensions didn't exist, they wouldn't devote $$$trillions over 50 years to achieve that goal, right?

Not to open a pandoras box but it all has a common ancestry, paganism. Judaism led to Christianity led to Islam. Its all connected (not that they want to admit it). 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jrs2 said:

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

So I guess the point about my prior post has to do with a few things @JFW657. First it has to do with a commonality between seemingly different religions. Next it has to do with the existence of a corrupt religious power structure. Now, that religious practice is correlated scientifically with the stated purpose of a major hadron collider facility and institute in Switzerland,  which is part of a world network, including Fermi in Illinois.  Combine the two and you have material worthy of a season of Netflix' Stranger Things.  Religion & science; one corroborating the other? Unheard of.

Then, you introduce politics into the mix, which takes what I wrote (for example) and locks it away from the public eye by simply ignoring it; a tried and true method that works every time, which is a testament to the power of the media.  They then dictate what they want the public at large to focus on instead.

It happens every day.

I understand there's a commonality between the major world religions, though I'm not knowledgeable or well versed in the historical details. Nor do I profess any insight into the politics behind it or what, if any role the media plays. To me it's all speculation. 

All I know is that whoever or whatever is responsible for our being.... (assuming the rest of the world and its people even exist, and that everyone and everything we call reality is not just a figment of my own imagination).... gave us five senses with which to discern what is and is not.

With our sight we can see what is or is not there, with our hearing we can hear, with our touch we can feel, with our taste and smell we can make further determinations about things. Outside of that, everything falls within the realms of logic and reason or belief. 

As far as I know, there is no basis in logic or reasoning to indicate or suggest that a magic man who lives in the sky watches everything we do, monitors every thought we have, judges us based on the level of our belief in Him or lack thereof, and is inclined to punish us in the most hideous fashion imaginable, simply for putting to use the ability to doubt the existence of something that we cannot verify, using the five senses, which He gave us for that very purpose.

It just defies the most basic logic in a universe in which everything we can see that exists above the level quantum physics deals in, is based on logic. 

Still. I hope there is some kind of benevolent creator out there who has a purpose for us all and there's a state of consciousness and memory after we depart our physical state, which is happy, peaceful and free of the negative BS we experience in this existence. 

My beliefs tend to lean towards the notion that maybe some higher form of consciousness created us so that it could experience everything a physical being could ever experience, both good and bad. 

In my mind, that would explain why bad things are allowed to happen. 

And it would mean that we are all part of the same mind and as such, we are all each other. 

"Hello, me. Nice to meet me. How am I doing? Good!!! I'll see me later."  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jack said:

Not to open a pandoras box but it all has a common ancestry, paganism. Judaism led to Christianity led to Islam. Its all connected (not that they want to admit it). 

I've dug into that, and I'll say this- religious holidays have roots in paganism without a doubt.  But once one delves into what paganism actually means and what it's roots are, only then do one's eyes really open; because it pretty much explains why everything is the way it is.

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

I understand there's a commonality between the major world religions, though I'm not knowledgeable or well versed in the historical details. Nor do I profess any insight into the politics behind it or what, if any role the media plays. To me it's all speculation. 

All I know is that whoever or whatever is responsible for our being.... (assuming the rest of the world and its people even exist, and that everyone and everything we call reality is not just a figment of my own imagination).... gave us five senses with which to discern what is and is not.

With our sight we can see what is or is not there, with our hearing we can hear, with our touch we can feel, with our taste and smell we can make further determinations about things. Outside of that, everything falls within the realms of logic and reason or belief. 

As far as I know, there is no basis in logic or reasoning to indicate or suggest that a magic man who lives in the sky watches everything we do, monitors every thought we have, judges us based on the level of our belief in Him or lack thereof, and is inclined to punish us in the most hideous fashion imaginable, simply for putting to use the ability to doubt the existence of something that we cannot verify, using the five senses, which He gave us for that very purpose.

It just defies the most basic logic in a universe in which everything we can see that exists above the level quantum physics deals in, is based on logic. 

Still. I hope there is some kind of benevolent creator out there who has a purpose for us all and there's a state of consciousness and memory after we depart our physical state, which is happy, peaceful and free of the negative BS we experience in this existence. 

My beliefs tend to lean towards the notion that maybe some higher form of consciousness created us so that it could experience everything a physical being could ever experience, both good and bad. 

In my mind, that would explain why bad things are allowed to happen. 

And it would mean that we are all part of the same mind and as such, we are all each other. 

"Hello, me. Nice to meet me. How am I doing? Good!!! I'll see me later."  

that's good logic, and I've asked myself some of those same questions. 

A typical Christian response would be that it takes more than those five senses...namely faith. Sure... but I'm more of a "show me" type of guy. I think faith is reinforced when you are able to verify stuff.  Like you said, we were given logic; we should use it.

My personal analysis, among other things that I won't get into,  included the notion that we live in a time-space envelope that's roughly 94B light years in diameter per Hubble Ultra Deep Field 2003.  That's pretty profound info that there is a "limit" or "wall" to our universe.  Then I watched those Ancient Aliens shows on H2 (am I losing you?  LOL.  stay with me...).  They pretty much confirmed the events depicted in the Bible, with the caveat that it was just aliens at play.  So a show based on atheism confirms the Bible.  Ok.  But then one of their "researchers", Giorgio, actually said on an episode that it was aliens because he himself "didn't believe in miracles."  Whoa, what? 

Continuing on, there is a profound quote in Lord of the Rings: "History became legend, and legend became myth."  This explains how information evolves with the passage of time.  For example, what was a fact to Adam, or Jesus' disciples, became less of a "fact" generations later.  And then today we're back to square one, which begs the question 1) is there a supernatural realm, and 2) is this the Guy?

Ah, but then you have the recent statement from CERN in 2015 about wanting to open a doorway to another dimension, and, whoa, that takes the analysis to a whole new place: atheist scientists believe there are other dimensions- enough to dump $$$trillions into the effort.  This is consistent with the notion of another dimension (or spiritual realm), which Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, and Hindus would also confirm.   So now you're at the "is this the Guy" portion of the analysis (because there has to be an architect, right?).

The "bad" things: I will say this... the G. O. D. or "The Guy" is benevolent.  But, He didn't just create us.  

54 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

that's good logic, and I've asked myself some of those same questions. 

A typical Christian response would be that it takes more than those five senses...namely faith. Sure... but I'm more of a "show me" type of guy. I think faith is reinforced when you are able to verify stuff.  Like you said, we were given logic; we should use it.

My personal analysis, among other things that I won't get into,  included the notion that we live in a time-space envelope that's roughly 94B light years in diameter per Hubble Ultra Deep Field 2003.  That's pretty profound info that there is a "limit" or "wall" to our universe.  Then I watched those Ancient Aliens shows on H2 (am I losing you?  LOL.  stay with me...).  They pretty much confirmed the events depicted in the Bible, with the caveat that it was just aliens at play.  So a show based on atheism confirms the Bible.  Ok.  But then one of their "researchers", Giorgio, actually said on an episode that it was aliens because he himself "didn't believe in miracles."  Whoa, what? 

Continuing on, there is a profound quote in Lord of the Rings: "History became legend, and legend became myth."  This explains how information evolves with the passage of time.  For example, what was a fact to Adam, or Jesus' disciples, became less of a "fact" generations later.  And then today we're back to square one, which begs the question 1) is there a supernatural realm, and 2) is this the Guy?

Ah, but then you have the recent statement from CERN in 2015 about wanting to open a doorway to another dimension, and, whoa, that takes the analysis to a whole new place: atheist scientists believe there are other dimensions- enough to dump $$$trillions into the effort.  This is consistent with the notion of another dimension (or spiritual realm), which Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, and Hindus would also confirm.   So now you're at the "is this the Guy" portion of the analysis (because there has to be an architect, right?).

The "bad" things: I will say this... the G. O. D. or "The Guy" is benevolent.  But, He didn't just create us.  

Check out the PBS Nova series The Elegant Universe....

In one of the most high-profile murder cases in OC history, it looks like Tommy Zeigler will finally have a chance to prove his innocence with DNA testing, thanks to the OC State Attorney, the Florida Supreme Court and other courts.

There are no thanks to the Florida Attorney general, who keeps throwing up roadblocks.

I have no idea if he’s innocent, but in a state that has one of the worst records for executing innocent men (it’s pretty much just been men), we should go out of our way to find the truth (what a concept, right?) His side’s even paying for the tests, not the state.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/crime/2022/10/27/death-row-inmate-tommy-zeigler-edges-closer-long-sought-dna-testing/

From The Tampa Bay Times

Edited by spenser1058

@JFW657So check this out below:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2022/07/26/fact-check-scientists-cern-not-opening-portal-hell/10094679002/

What is really funny about this is the fact that if CERN is trying to open a doorway to "hell" or whatever, to release "demons," then that would be a hidden or secret intent.  Opening up a doorway to another dimension, in the blandest sense of the word, would be what they report to the media.  So any commentary from scientists on this issue is moot, because the public at large doesn't know what tech would be required to begin with to open up a doorway to...anywhere; they're only going on what the "experts" say.  So you take it on faith that they are being truthful.

I call this alternative media circles propaganda.  But there is some truth to everything, and that's the mind bender.  Because at the end of the day, why would they have a pagan religious statue of Shiva at their main building, the Hindu Goddess of Destruction? Pretty occultish.

Shiva.jpg

Edited by jrs2

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

@JFW657So check this out below:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2022/07/26/fact-check-scientists-cern-not-opening-portal-hell/10094679002/

What is really funny about this is the fact that if CERN is trying to open a doorway to "hell" or whatever, to release "demons," then that would be a hidden or secret intent.  Opening up a doorway to another dimension, in the blandest sense of the word, would be what they report to the media.  So any commentary from scientists on this issue is moot, because the public at large doesn't know what tech would be required to begin with to open up a doorway to...anywhere; they're only going on what the "experts" say.  So you take it on faith that they are being truthful.

I call this alternative media circles propaganda.  But there is some truth to everything, and that's the mind bender.  Because at the end of the day, why would they have a pagan religious statue of Shiva at their main building, the Hindu Goddess of Destruction? Pretty occultish.

Shiva.jpg

The statue:

https://www.news9live.com/knowledge/why-cern-has-a-shiva-statue-all-you-need-to-know-link-between-nataraj-subatomic-carl-sagan-204602

:dontknow: 

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

This reminds me of the Amway distributors who were absolutely convinced the P&G logo with the moon and stars (which went back to the 19th century - it was kept simple, among other reasons, so illiterate dock workers knew who it belonged to), were absolutely convinced it was a sign of Satan worship. If you don’t know the facts, make up your own, despite what Pat Moynihan said. Meanwhile, out on the grassy knoll…

23 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

This reminds me of the Amway distributors who were absolutely convinced the P&G logo with the moon and stars (which went back to the 19th century - it was kept simple, among other reasons, so illiterate dock workers knew who it belonged to), were absolutely convinced it was a sign of Satan worship. If you don’t know the facts, make up your own, despite what Pat Moynihan said. Meanwhile, out on the grassy knoll…

I kind of tend to go with what the "weird old bloke on YouTube" in the video said about the portal to hell rumors, which is that it was all started by bored people like bloggers, etc., who were looking to create a little mischief.